Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BFG very nice in person

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: BFG very nice in person

Quote Originally Posted by Wattage View Post
    Nah no chance at all. The tops are rough cut, not likely much in the way of flame on that wood unless they are just using mismatched pieces they have no other use for. What gives it the flame look is actually the rough machine cuts that carve the top and then it is stained and sealed. The stain takes very unevenly as it would over any rough cut surface.

I LIKE THE SURFACE

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/docum...12579&index=15

. . . JUST THOSE WOODEN KNOBS - they have to GO !

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wattage View Post
    Nah no chance at all. The tops are rough cut, not likely much in the way of flame on that wood unless they are just using mismatched pieces they have no other use for. What gives it the flame look is actually the rough machine cuts that carve the top and then it is stained and sealed. The stain takes very unevenly as it would over any rough cut surface.
    Interesting... I wonder how in the world that feels, especially if your forearm practically lives on the face of the guitar.

For those who have played it, does it have the same finish feel that the faded series does? The biggest turn off of the faded series is the super cheap feel of the finish.
    Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom 5/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Duncan Distortion, SP90-1/SP90-2

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't honestly say I remeber exactly how it felt but it wasn't rough in the sense that it felt like sandpaper or anything. Yes it was similar to the Fadeds in that it appeared to only have thin satin finish.

Keep in mind that the thin finish helps make for a very responsive tone.