Thread: Amps & Other Stuff Fs

Tone Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Amps & Other Stuff Fs

Laney VR100H – Laney’s flagship amp, 100 watts, 3 channels. You want loud and versatile at a reasonable price, this is it. Selling this for my son, he originally purchased it from a fellow forum bro. Tolex on the underside needs to be glued down, in fact I’m going to go over the amp and fix this, check the footswitch, etc. (amp is at my house) so I can provide a full and detailed assessment of everything and pics by request. It was just re-tubed (power tubes) by the local tech who does all the local shops’ amp work, don’t know offhand what he put in there, pretty sure the pre-amp tubes are still the JJ’s we got from Bob at Eurotubes. $600 plus actual shipping & insurance (yes it is heavy).

’65 Bassman (from my best efforts at dating it) & empty 2x12 cab. Any further help in confirming age is welcomed. This is the AA864 circuit according to the tube chart inside the amp. I’ve had it since the late ‘80’s. The local amp tech changed the power plug to 3 prong and did a complete service a while back, replacing all the leaking capacitors, power tubes, etc. The amp & cab have all the original piggyback connector parts and tilt-back legs, etc. One of the knobs is not an original, forgot that detail initially. Condition of both is decent for 40+ years old, the amp being the slightly better of the two. The cab grill cloth does have one tear and the original baffle(?) is gone. Send me any offers, will consider splitting as well.

Well after making some inquiries at the Fender Forum, one of the "experts" is saying this amp will have the AA165 circuit, even though the tube chart states otherwise, so I don't know... Here's his latest statement, after I listed date codes and serial # (I had previously listed details on condition as I have here:

That is good. February, 5th week of 1965. Is it production #1 or #2? (it is #1) It will have the AA165 circuit and very few Bassman amps were made with this circuit. Serial numbers running from about A03700 to A05900. Check all transformer and choke codes. Pretty rare blackface head and may be valued at $600 plus. The cab $250 to $300.

Sorry for the long post, but I've had several inquiries and I want to provide full disclosure...

Boss GE-7 EQ - $50 shipped & PayPal'd
    Bad Monkey - new condition $35 shipped and PayPal'd

ART SGX2000 guitar processor & X15 UltraFoot controller - $200 plus actual shipping for both. A bit of a throwback here, but a huge amount of effects and programmability, midi footboard switching, etc. in a 2 space rack mountable package.

Thanks, Scott
    Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 03-08-2007 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Adding info
    Wankologist
    Ultra Strat > G30 Relay > Stobostomp > Pod HD500 > DT25 Combo - Taylor 810, MIM Deluxe Players w/Kleins, Artcore 73

Following gear for sale - Super Champ XD / BBE Sonic Stomp / Line 6 M13 / Brian Moore i1 / '65 Bassman / Reverend Hellhound 1x12 / Tech 21 Power Engine

Super Toneologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Amps & Other Stuff Fs

I'd be surprised if the '65 Bassman wasn't sold before midnight today.

I'd be asking about it, but I just bought a '65 BandMaster head from a forumbro.

Any pics? (for the lovers of old amps)

Dave

Tone Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by greco View Post
    I'd be surprised if the '65 Bassman wasn't sold before midnight today.

I'd be asking about it, but I just bought a '65 BandMaster head from a forumbro.

Any pics? (for the lovers of old amps)

Dave
    I'll email them, I've never learned how to post pics and I guess too lazy to learn right now!!
    Wankologist
    Ultra Strat > G30 Relay > Stobostomp > Pod HD500 > DT25 Combo - Taylor 810, MIM Deluxe Players w/Kleins, Artcore 73

Following gear for sale - Super Champ XD / BBE Sonic Stomp / Line 6 M13 / Brian Moore i1 / '65 Bassman / Reverend Hellhound 1x12 / Tech 21 Power Engine

Super Toneologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bump for an old Bassman

Super Toneologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for emailing so many cool pics.

Dave

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you come up with a ballpark on that Bassman?

Tone Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kjrocks View Post
    Have you come up with a ballpark on that Bassman?
    $650 plus shipping
    Wankologist