Thread: Bacchus guitars

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bacchus guitars

Hi guys - been a while since I posted here

Question:

What do you guys think/know about Bacchus guitars?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bacchus guitars

Apparently they're made in japan, but I would like to know first hand impressions of this guitar.

Any knowledge at all?

Human powerplant Vasshu the humanoid typhoon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They are rather domestic are they not???
    Most Japanese highenders are great guitars with topnotch hardware and such!
    Bacchus....hmm must be one of those umbrella factories...just forgot what they have done besides Bacchus, but it is an old company, Headway I think it is!?
    Way back in the late 70's and early 80's?!?
    But I do remember them being a topdog of sorts....very topdog!
    Not gonna miss you know!
    Information is not knowledge.

Skarekrough

Bacchus, from what I have been told, was one of the companies that contracted with the Fuji-Gen-Gakki factory along with Ibanez, Burny and Greco.

Human powerplant Vasshu the humanoid typhoon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yep...found some info!
    Bacchus Guitars and Basses:

Bacchus Guitars and Basses were founded by a company named “Headway,” that started making acoustic
    guitars back in 1977. By 1981, they decided to join the ranks of Japanese electric guitar makers, and build
    lawsuit Stratocasters, to start. In 1991, Headway started “Deviser,” their division of unique and very high-end
    original-series electric guitars. Their motto was “devising the future,” hence their name “Deviser.”
    Deviser made a lot of their own original pickups and electronics, a technique that other Japanese companies
    usually didn’t do. So most Bacchus/Deviser/Headway guitars and basses are fully-equipped with original parts,
    which I think is really cool. They make ALL of their own stuff, and believe me, their pickups sound amazing. The
    Fender replica single-coils really capture the Fender tone and the Gibson replica PAF’s sound like PAF’s! Some
    special models come stock with Lindy Fralin pickups, or sometimes the basses come with Bartolini pickups stock.
    The woods Bacchus uses are extremely expensive and rare woods. The grain on the wood they use is amazing
    on every model. They bookmatch woods that aren’t one piece, and use high-quality nitrocellulose for the finishes
    on most mid-range to high-end models.
    Bacchus makes a “Universe” series that really captures the idea of extraordinary Bacchus guitars without the
    high price. They are really popular for their tone and playability, too.
    Of all Japanese companies making bass guitars, Bacchus is by far the best. They make the most amazing
    basses I’ve ever seen or heard. I have one and it gets lots of offers and compliments wherever I take it.
    For more information about Bacchus guitars and basses, visit their website

http://www.deviser.co.jp/
    Not gonna miss you know!
    Information is not knowledge.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

sorry to post to such a long dead thread but I found the thread via a 'net search

have owned over 30 Bacchus examples, all have been from the 'Vintage Series' (circa 1994 to 2005) era of Bacchus production.
    have owned many productions examples, which are great guitars, and a few non-production examples.
    the MIJ Bacchus are very well made guitars; some of the best IMO as far as overall consistency of build quality & quality of materials.

some times I have one, or two pictured here, or maybe even offered for sale
    http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...id=mij_vintage