Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fender Enforcer Pickups compared to any SD

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fender Enforcer Pickups compared to any SD

Hey does anybody know how the Fender Enforcer humbuckers sound? Coz i'm planning to get a American seriess Telecaster HH and the pickups are both enforcers. How do the enforcers compare to the fender atomic humbuckers. And and what SD pickup would the enforcer sound closest to. The enforcers use ceramic 8 magnets. How are ceramics compared to alnico? Never had pickups with those before. Any info about these pickups would be of great help. Thanks!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fender Enforcer Pickups compared to any SD

the closest it relates to on the SD line would probably be the Invader because they are both high output monsters. The enforcer (IMO) has a better/more evenly dispersed EQ. The Invader is darker sounding and SOME people (not me) have called the Invader muddy, but I don't think you'll ever hear that about the Enforcer. I've got another thread here that I started just on the Enforcer, HERE would be a link to it.

Rock ON ~ Kac
    2002 Ibanez S Classic - Duncan Designed HB-103
    2010 Dean Vendetta - Duncan Designed HB-108

Ibanez > DS-1 > Egnater

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kac View Post
    the closest it relates to on the SD line would probably be the Invader because they are both high output monsters. The enforcer (IMO) has a better/more evenly dispersed EQ. The Invader is darker sounding and SOME people (not me) have called the Invader muddy, but I don't think you'll ever hear that about the Enforcer. I've got another thread here that I started just on the Enforcer, HERE would be a link to it.

Rock ON ~ Kac
    Great. How does it sound clean on the bridge? Do strummed chords still sound good? Like good for songs with hard distortion then straight to clean shifts? At least like an invader if not a bit better?

And how can it be similar to the invader if it's output is so much more? So i'm guessing it sounds good on punk, thrash and metal? If it sounds good strummed clean, and good on punk, thrash, and metal im getting it! And lastly how closely does it compare to the gibson lespaul studio with 498t sound? Coz that's one of my fave tones. I have that guitar it's just so friggin heavy to lug around all the time. So i'm looking for the closest thing that's a bit lighter. I'm hoping that's the tele with the enforcers. Pls just let me know abt this stuff thanks!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the Invader is listed at 16.8k and the Enforcer listed at 24k BUT it's not a big difference in output. With that large metal caps and 3 ceramic maginets the Invader is a true monster. I don't think either one of these humbuckers is great for clean unless you back off the volume knob just a bit, then it's nice.

Rock On ~ Kac

Ibanez > DS-1 > Egnater

shogunlegend

fender pickups aren't that great to begin with. the enforcer has a real high resistance and is very high output, but what it outputs isn't that great. it's not a bad sounding pickup, it just doesn't have a great sound. it actually sounds like a cheap pickup to me. for a company that makes such great guitars (i only own fenders now), i don't know why they can't manufacture great pickups like sd or dimarzio.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

shogunlegend, I'm gonna have to respecfully disagree with ya on Fender's pickups. IMHO of course!! because I am a very big fan of Fender Pickups be it strat pickups or humbuckers.

Rock On ~ Kac

Ibanez > DS-1 > Egnater

shogunlegend

shogunlegend, I'm gonna have to respecfully disagree with ya on Fender's pickups. IMHO of course!! because I am a very big fan of Fender Pickups be it strat pickups or humbuckers.

Rock On ~ Kac
    that's great, but what are you doing hanging around a seymour duncan forum? do you buy fender guitars and replace the stock pickups or do you buy guitars and put fender pickups in them? i wonder

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shogunlegend View Post
    that's great, but what are you doing hanging around a seymour duncan forum? do you buy fender guitars and replace the stock pickups or do you buy guitars and put fender pickups in them? i wonder
    well most of the last 30 electric guitars I have owned have had seymour duncan pickups in 'em... I currently use 2 seymour duncan effects pedals.... and am about to put a Duncan humbucker in my strat with currently has custom shop texas special in it (love those pups). I feel both fender pickups and seymour duncans are great....

don't questions my authority.

Ibanez > DS-1 > Egnater

shogunlegend

hehehe, great. let's hear some of your authorative chops

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hehehe, great. let's hear some of your authorative chops
    I'm not here to defend myself. I've been on this forum for years. and have posted clips in the past... You've been here for a month, why are you busting my chops????

Ibanez > DS-1 > Egnater

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!

shogunlegend

I'm not here to defend myself. I've been on this forum for years. and have posted clips in the past... You've been here for a month, why are you busting my chops????
    dude i don't know what you're talking about. nobody's doing anything to you. i think you're just going off on a tangent all your own. i was just saying that you should bust out some of your chops because you referred to yourself as authorative. if you're that good, i'd love to hear you play. who wouldn't?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by flinch View Post
    Hey does anybody know how the Fender Enforcer humbuckers sound? Coz i'm planning to get a American seriess Telecaster HH and the pickups are both enforcers. How do the enforcers compare to the fender atomic humbuckers. And and what SD pickup would the enforcer sound closest to. The enforcers use ceramic 8 magnets. How are ceramics compared to alnico? Never had pickups with those before. Any info about these pickups would be of great help. Thanks!
    I tried them in the guitar you are thinking of. I think they have a bit too much midrange for me. I'd prefer the PG+ and 59RP that come in some other models.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Of course you wanna here me play, you're just gonna have to come to Illinois (west central) on any given weekend to see me play, or jam with me. and you re more than invited to do so.

what are you doing hanging around a seymour duncan forum?
    Just seems like a stupid question, when I'm obviously here to learn more and add any knowledge I've picked up along the way...

Ibanez > DS-1 > Egnater

shogunlegend

Of course you wanna here me play, you're just gonna have to come to Illinois (west central) on any given weekend to see me play, or jam with me. and you re more than invited to do so.

Just seems like a stupid question, when I'm obviously here to learn more and add any knowledge I've picked up along the way...
    dude relax. i'm just trying to be friendly. i'll jam with you. maybe we can collaborate on a backing track and a couple of blues solos or something. that would be cool to post in the tips and clips forum since it has slowed down quite a bit lately

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Fender Enforcer Pickups compared to any SD

The most similar pickup to the Fender Enforcer is the Dimarzio Super3. Same specs, mag & pole pieces.

shogunlegend

Quote Originally Posted by gOgIver View Post
    The most similar pickup to the Fender Enforcer is the Dimarzio Super3. Same specs, mag & pole pieces.
    the super 3 has a ceramic magnet while the enforcer, i believe, is alnico

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

K thanks for that! Was very helpful

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So is the american Deluxe tele better? the one with the dh-1 humbuckers? And how close did the tele you tried sound compared to a gibson lp studio with 489t? Sorry for the redundancy, coz i'm really abt to order a guitar soon. Thanks!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcorey View Post
    I tried them in the guitar you are thinking of. I think they have a bit too much midrange for me. I'd prefer the PG+ and 59RP that come in some other models.
    So is the american Deluxe tele better? the one with the dh-1 humbuckers? And how close did the tele you tried sound compared to a gibson lp studio with 489t? Sorry for the redundancy, coz i'm really abt to order a guitar soon. Thanks!