Thread: Blend Control Wiring

BerriesAndCreamologist Fender_Punk's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question Blend Control Wiring

Hey everyone, you guys seem to be the experts and are much cheaper than going to myt music shop, so I'm going to AGAIN annoy you all with a wiring question, but this time it doesn't involve a vintage sewing mahine pedal!!

I have the Ultra Strat Mod in my Strat, and it has a maste4r tone (TBX) and a master volume. I want to add the Fralin blender por for the bridge pup, or if possible, give the bridge pup a completely independant volume pot.

http://www.1728.com/guitar2.htm

there's the wiring diagram for my guitar.

This is what I want to add.

As you can see, I don't have a selector switch, so i'm wondering, where do I wire this blend pot? Better yet, can I just wire in, somehow, another volume pot, for the bridge pup, completely independant of the current Master Volume? I'm looking for either or as both will satisfy me and whichever is easier to figure out I'll take!

Wolf, I'm particularly looking for your help on this as the Ultra Strat Mod is yours.
    LISTEN/DOWNLOAD MY MUSIC!
    "Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst F Telecaster. GFS Neovin(b), Duncan Designed HB102(n)
    "Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
    "Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
    "Joy" "Vintage" 1100N Dreadnought
    AMPS!
    Traynor Custom Special 50W combo. 1x12" Vintage 30
    Mark Bass Little Mark II 500W head
    Traynor TC115 bass cabinet

Super Toneologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Blend Control Wiring

Just curious...what happened to the vintage sewing machine...did you get the speed control pedal for it put back together? Did you (or your Mom) sell it? (given that your Mom didn't really seem to have any interest in keeping it).

Good luck with the wiring question.

Dave

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Blend Control Wiring

Quote Originally Posted by greco View Post
    Just curious...what happened to the vintage sewing machine...did you get the speed control pedal for it put back together? Did you (or your Mom) sell it? (given that your Mom didn't really seem to have any interest in keeping it).

Good luck with the wiring question.

Dave
    Umm, it's sitting here. I've been meaning to call Singer and get specific info on it. I got everything back together and it works. Once I have an idea of what it's worth i'll set up an account on e-bay and auction it off, or put it in the trading post, or both.

Anyway, Can anyone figure out where the bled goes to for the Ultra Strat Mod??
    "Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst F Telecaster. GFS Neovin(b), Duncan Designed HB102(n)
    AMPS!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Blend Control Wiring

I don't think I'd try to add a blend pot to that specific wiring. You're opening up several cans of worms because of the series connection.

However, a blend pot just means that you connect the pot, using two terminals as shown, between the hot of the pickup and the input to the volume control. Also, make sure its a no-load pot with the trace cut on the "clockwise" side of the trace.

Edit: I never noticed this before, but Lindy is using the wrong two terminals for his blend pot. It should be the middle terminal and the "other" side. I'm assuming one would want to "turn up" the volume of the blended pot going clockwise. (As a conventional pot would turn.)
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 05-08-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Blend Control Wiring

Quote Originally Posted by ArtieToo View Post
    I don't think I'd try to add a blend pot to that specific wiring. You're opening up several cans of worms because of the series connection.
    Really? All the better. I REALLY want a volume control for the bridge pup and a volume for the other two pups. If that can't happen I'd definately would settle with a blend. So my question is still open to everyone!
    AMPS!