Thread: any forum bros around jersey can do this?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default any forum bros around jersey can do this?

i live around new brunswick in NJ and i have a 59 bridge model that i need some work on. i aquired it in a trade but i didnt know it was vintage wiring when i really wanted 4 conductor. anyways, any1 sort of near me that can upgrade this for me. on the advice of zhang im not gonna take it to any kind of tech at guitar center or whatever.

any help would be appreciated

Stratoblaster Tone Meister STRATDELUXER97's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: any forum bros around jersey can do this?

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    i live around new brunswick in NJ and i have a 59 bridge model that i need some work on. i aquired it in a trade but i didnt know it was vintage wiring when i really wanted 4 conductor. anyways, any1 sort of near me that can upgrade this for me. on the advice of zhang im not gonna take it to any kind of tech at guitar center or whatever.

any help would be appreciated
    Might be alot easier to just trade your's for the 4 conductor,as it's tedious work and if that can even be done?
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My tech is right down 18 from you in Old Bridge. He does all that kind of stuff routinely so I asked him about it. He said it can be done but it would be at a price similar to if you bought a second hand one which was already 4 conductor. If you still want to pursue it, PM me and I'll give you the particulars.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

meh, i figured it would probably be about the same money as buying another one. thanks anyway guys, ill prob just pick up another one and use this in a guitar where i dont want to split em

Questionologist
    NORTH HOLLYWOOD (talk to me, So Cal members!)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It can definitely be done, but GC is definitely not the place.
    In 1861 as Confederate forces were about to fire on Fort Sumter, the Blue and Gray had far more in common than the blue and red today. What fellowship can "the truth shall set you free" ever have with "what is truth"? Barring a major epidemic or nuclear attack to explode the postmodern myth that the reality outside our heads depends for its very existence on what we think of it, secession is coming...