Default Re: So, What's Spinning?

The Police "Greatest Hits"

Mindcrime II

Scorps - Fly to the Rainbow

Tori Amos - Tales of a Librarian

Made in Europe

Deguello
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Shins "Wincing The Night Away"
    "He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    -Douglas Adams

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In Flames: Jester Race
    Old Mans Child: In Defiance of Existance
    Nevermore: Politics of Extacy
    Dark Tranquility: The Gallery
    Coheed & Cambria: No world for tomorrow
    Front Line Assembly: Reclamation
    Guitars:
    Jackson DK2M w/ EMG 81/85
    Amps:
    Peavey Valveking 50watt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Chris View Post
    You gotta love it when Korn gives Head to God.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuss_Rock View Post
    Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
    That album never gets old.

In the car I've got:

BTBAM - Colors
    Helmet - Betty
    Primus - Seas of Cheese
    The Sundays - Reading Writing & Arithmetic
    Last edited by Blue Calx; 11-13-2007 at 11:59 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase
    Devin Townsend - Infinity
    Cinematic Orchestra - Everyday
    Pain of Salvation - Scarsick
    Transatlantic - SMPTe

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

a perfect circle - mer de noms
    coheed and cambria - no world for tomorrow
    death from above 1979 - your a woman, i'm a machine
    mars volta - leaked songs from the new album
    - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
    Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
    Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Quote Originally Posted by DankStar View Post
    I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake Oven® of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ksmith63 View Post
    mars volta - leaked songs from the new album
    When will that record come out? Does it sound good?

Forbes

[spunge] - All albums

That's pretty much it really, it's not often that i spend periods of time listening to solely one band, but i'm on a huge spunge kick at the mo.

Her Little Mojo Minion DankStar's Avatar
    Pull my finger and the Toothless One will tell you
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

many recent finds over at thrashmageddon:

straw dogs - we are not amused
    possession - eternally haunt
    sodom - persecution mania
    motorhead - ace of spades
    life sentence - self-titled
    defiance - void terra firma
    budgie - in for the kill & never turn your back on a friend
    bathory - hammerheart

also, I also keep listening to mixes of the new tune I'm working on: "Pentecostal Snake-Handling Nightmare" - Coming Soon to the tips and clips section!!
    Last edited by DankStar; 11-14-2007 at 06:48 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull
    Octopus - Gentle Giant
    Surrealistic Pillow - Jefferson Airplane

That's what has been spining the last three times I played something. And when I say spin I mean it, lol, everything I have is on vinyl. Really been digging Tull, since I get to see them at the NAC in two weeks, for the second time.
    - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

H8Red442

'Tis the season so my holiday collection is out and consists of Slayer Seasons In The Abyss, Nuclear Assualt Survive and Overkill The Years Of Decay and Horrorscope.

Varg Pradoon Enčilakiip Pink Unicorn Horsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by H8Red442 View Post
    'Tis the season so my holiday collection is out and consists of Slayer Seasons In The Abyss, Nuclear Assualt Survive and Overkill The Years Of Decay and Horrorscope.
    How droll.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalSix View Post
    I am just jug the merlot

H8Red442

Quote Originally Posted by KGMESSIER View Post
    How droll.
    Perhaps but they bring back good memories of this time of year for me. All were released around this time and I was listening to them heavily around the hoildays the years they were released. I remember listening to Nuclear Assault while my parents and I went out and cut down our Christmas Tree. I listened to Seasons In The Abyss throughout November and December at all holiday parties and my grandmom's surprise birthday party. Horrorscope was a staple when I was in my senior year of highschool and in heavy rotation when I sang in the school choir and our holiday show. The Years of Decay isn't near as happy for me as my first g/f who I was gaga for broke up with me the week after it was released but it was around Thanksgiving and I had many good times after that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps but they bring back good memories of this time of year for me. All were released around this time and I was listening to them heavily around the hoildays the years they were released. I remember listening to Nuclear Assault while my parents and I went out and cut down our Christmas Tree. I listened to Seasons In The Abyss throughout November and December at all holiday parties and my grandmom's surprise birthday party. Horrorscope was a staple when I was in my senior year of highschool and in heavy rotation when I sang in the school choir and our holiday show. The Years of Decay isn't near as happy for me as my first g/f who I was gaga for broke up with me the week after it was released but it was around Thanksgiving and I had many good times after that.
    Sometimes, there's nothing better than having music associated with great memories. That's one of the things I love so much about music. Cheesy as it sounds, it transports me to great places.

- Keith
    I am just jug the merlot

H8Red442

Sometimes, there's nothing better than having music associated with great memories. That's one of the things I love so much about music. Cheesy as it sounds, it transports me to great places.

- Keith
    Also Christmas was always a time that I stocked up and discovered new music. Fates Warning's No Exit and Parallels, Sanctuary's Refuge Denied, Testament's New Order and Legacy, Death Angel's Frolic Through The Park, Kreator's Extreme Agression, Armored Saint's Symbol Of Salvation and oddly enough Pandora's Box from Aerosmith. All stuff I picked up around the holidays and played heavily. Combined with hangin with my friends and family and all the parties and good times, it was amplified by finding new music and thoroughly enjoying it.

One of my particularly favorite memories is the one going to cut down the tree with my parents and rocking out to Nuclear Assault in the back seat while we sloshed around on the road in the snow.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Also Christmas was always a time that I stocked up and discovered new music. Fates Warning's No Exit and Parallels, Sanctuary's Refuge Denied, Testament's New Order and Legacy, Death Angel's Frolic Through The Park, Kreator's Extreme Agression, Armored Saint's Symbol Of Salvation and oddly enough Pandora's Box from Aerosmith. All stuff I picked up around the holidays and played heavily. Combined with hangin with my friends and family and all the parties and good times, it was amplified by finding new music and thoroughly enjoying it.

One of my particularly favorite memories is the one going to cut down the tree with my parents and rocking out to Nuclear Assault in the back seat while we sloshed around on the road in the snow.
    You know, I've been trying to get into Fates Warning, but it's just not happening. They sound too blah to me. I can't quite put my finger on it. It comes across as uninspired.

- Keith
    I am just jug the merlot

H8Red442

You know, I've been trying to get into Fates Warning, but it's just not happening. They sound too blah to me. I can't quite put my finger on it. It comes across as uninspired.

- Keith
    What albums are you checking out? No Exit and Perfect Symmetry are my favorites. A Pleasent Shade Of Grey is pretty good too. Inside Out and Prallels are more poppy than progressive. Perfect Symmetry is almost Rush like. No Exit is a harder version of Iron Maiden without the galloping. FWX and Disconnected are just terrible in my eyes. They reflect Ray Alder's vocal changes in his side band Engine. The fact that Joey Vera was in both as well doesn't help either. Their sound really changed.

I am not a fan even a little of their early albums like Spectre Within, Night On Brocken and Awaken the Guardian. John Arch wasn't the best singer and they didn't quite have the progressive qualities of later releases.
    Last edited by H8Red442; 11-14-2007 at 08:15 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What albums are you checking out? No Exit and Perfect Symmetry are my favorites. A Pleasent Shade Of Grey is pretty good too. Inside Out and Prallels are more poppy than progressive. Perfect Symmetry is almost Rush like. No Exit is a harder version of Iron Maiden without the galloping. FWX and Disconnected are just terrible in my eyes. They reflect Ray Alder's vocal changes in his side band Engine. The fact that Joey Vera was in both as well doesn't help either. Their sound really changed.

I am not a fan even a little of their early albums like Spectre Within, Night On Brocken and Awaken the Guardian. John Arch wasn't the best singer and they didn't quite have the progressive qualities of later releases.
    I'm referring more to Inside Out. I was listening to it this morning, on my way to the office, and just wasn't digging it. I'll have to give some of this other stuff more of a listen. I'm listening to No Exit right now. It certainly has a harder edge -- less poppy, as you said -- and the music is more interesting. I'm not big on this style of singing, but that's just a matter of taste. I much prefer Hetfield or Ozzy over the screaming and Cookie Monster vocal styles; the former seems too melodramatic to me, and the latter just gets in the way of the music.

- Keith
    I am just jug the merlot

H8Red442

Inside Out is the worse of the pair of Inside Out and Parallels. They are very similar. Parallels was a refreshing release in it's day and I still love that album but yeah it's a bit tepid.

No Exit and Perfect Symmetry are my faves by them. PS took me forever to get into though. In 1989 it was ahead of it's time even with it's similarity to Rush. Pleasant Shade Of Grey is very much like Perfect Symmetry.

I'm a Fates Warning fanboy.