Thread: Neck problems? Excessive 'warp' or backbow? Experts?

INTENSELY corrosive sweat formula73's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Neck problems? Excessive 'warp' or backbow? Experts?

I pulled out all my Vs for a crappy pic, and it led to me putting a set of NOS L350s in my Bacchus BFV-58. I always noticed it could be kind of buzzy, but it's only been within the last 2 years that I stopped taking my guitars to the local shop for setups. I guess inexperience is the source of my problem. It's buzzy at the bottom 2/3 of the neck, and looking at it shows a *hair* of a backbow, even with the truss rod nut backed off all the way. Does anybody here have experience with this? I'm running 10-46.

BTW: the L350s sound MUCH better than I thought they did when they were in my Dean Flame ML. Despite the included wiring diagram, my wife's guitar teacher couldn't wire the things up to save his life. I guess if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

INTENSELY corrosive sweat formula73's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Neck problems? Excessive 'warp' or backbow? Experts?

So there's nobody on here that knows how to do more than swap pickups? I find that difficult to believe.

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Im interested too. Ive got a backbowed Strat neck.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This may sound weird, but try to tighten the truss rod, On my G-310 neck, the neck seems to have back bow, with the rod fairly tightened and all the way loosened. It took me a while to realize it, so what I did was backed it up all the way, and tightened it little by little and let it sit, and repeated until my action was good. IDK what was up with that, but it worked and I have it dialed in pretty dece now.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but try it, but go in small increments.

Edit. BTW, i'm not an expert, i just thought I'd give my 2cents from exprience. I've realized that every neck is a little different, and doing what what seem to be the same adjustments, can yield different results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Sammler View Post
    I don't have an ignore list. I'm not arrogant enough to think I can't learn something from people who annoy me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    This is the dumbest thread that's ever been on this forum. It makes this place look like a bunch of damn idiots. Just run this place into the ground why don't you. You're like a bunch of 12 year olds. This thread is sooooooo DLT'ish that it's pathetic.