Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Faux Que

  1. #1
    DLT
    Guest

    Default Faux Que

    This is what DLT calls any BBQ that can be made in less than 20 hrs.

    You have to do it nice 'n slow to get the flavor.

  2. #2
    Ultimate Tone Slacker louthunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The beautiful shores of Lake Michigan
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,644
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Faux Que

    Faux Que Too! Hey Buddy, How ya doin? What we need my brother, is Blues,Brews, &BBQ"S ....I'll supply the Blues, We'll chip in on the Brews, and you supply the BBQ's

  3. #3
    Mojo's Minions Sludgenutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Mojave Desert
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,343
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Faux Que

    DLT, I love you man, but you need to start posting photos some of your bbq, before we all think you are just pulling our collective leg.

    Show me the Que!

  4. #4
    Raining PunLord LesStrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pun(k)ing the members
    Age
    50
    Posts
    40,035
    Likes (Given)
    6884
    Likes (Received)
    2188

    Default Re: Faux Que

    For Dan:


    See the temperature gauge on the intake manifold? What's that for?







  5. #5
    DLT
    Guest

    Default Re: Faux Que

    Quote Originally Posted by louthunder View Post
    Faux Que Too! Hey Buddy, How ya doin? What we need my brother, is Blues,Brews, &BBQ"S ....I'll supply the Blues, We'll chip in on the Brews, and you supply the BBQ's
    The opossums are running about like crazy. I'll shovel up a few dozen and we'll all have a feast!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sludgenutz View Post
    DLT, I love you man, but you need to start posting photos some of your bbq, before we all think you are just pulling our collective leg.

    Show me the Que!
    I will have my wife take a few shots of me scooping up the roadkill and BBQ'ing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    For Dan:


    See the temperature gauge on the intake manifold? What's that for?






    [IMG]http://aycu06.webshots.com/image/48565/2006089195357191099_rs.jpg
    [/IMG]
    LesStrat,
    That temp gauge is for the redneck that is too busy drinking beer and not watching his BBQ grill!
    That is a pretty fancy grill indeed! Must be Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s.

  6. #6
    Erlend_G
    Guest

    Default Re: Faux Que

    Here in Norway we have a special way of preparing whale blubber.

    You first prepare a marinade by blending blue cheese with buttermilk, and letting the mould grow for 2-3 weeks. The whale meat is then marinated for a while, before being put in the oven at room temperature for 72 hours.

    You won't believe how tender the meat gets from cooking at that low temperatures!

  7. #7
    DLT
    Guest

    Default Re: Faux Que

    Quote Originally Posted by Erlend_G View Post
    Here in Norway we have a special way of preparing whale blubber.

    You first prepare a marinade by blending blue cheese with buttermilk, and letting the mould grow for 2-3 weeks. The whale meat is then marinated for a while, before being put in the oven at room temperature for 72 hours.

    You won't believe how tender the meat gets from cooking at that low temperatures!
    Sounds delicious!

  8. #8
    Mojo's Minions Sludgenutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Mojave Desert
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,343
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Faux Que

    That engine grill looks wild!

    Somebody should make a grill grate that burns in tire tracks on the meat!

  9. #9
    DLT
    Guest

    Default Re: Faux Que

    Quote Originally Posted by Sludgenutz View Post
    That engine grill looks wild!

    Somebody should make a grill grate that burns in tire tracks on the meat!
    I'd like to see the opossum smoke come out of the headers!

  10. #10
    Mojo's Minions Sludgenutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Mojave Desert
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,343
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Faux Que

    "Sunday! Sunday! See nitro burning funny car drivers shake hands with the Devil, as they roar through the gates of Hell! Sunday-y-y-y!"
    Last edited by Sludgenutz; 04-14-2008 at 05:09 PM.

  11. #11
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Fresno Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,530
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Faux Que

    man, can you imagine how difficult it must be to clean that thing?


    On a side note, I disagree about your 20+ hour time. I think I can do 3 fat racks of ribs in less than 12, and done to perfection. I couldn't imagine cooking anything @ 210-215 for 20+ hours...unless you're talking about half a cow or something.

    Then again, you are DLT, so who knows what you find down the road.
    Louis XIII!!!

  12. #12
    TrippyVinylologist
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,239
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Faux Que

    Uruguay Sizzles Up One Big Barbecue
    AP
    Posted: 2008-04-14 10:16:11
    Filed Under: Weird News, World News
    MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay (April 13) - One of South America's smallest countries proved on Sunday it can hold the biggest barbecue in the world.

    Photo Gallery

    Marcelo Singer, AFP / Getty Images
    Here's the Beef1 of 4


    It took 1,250 chefs to cook 26,400 pounds of beef in Uruguay on Sunday, when the small South American country earned the Guinness World Records title for the world's biggest barbecue.

  13. #13
    DLT
    Guest

    Default Re: Faux Que

    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    man, can you imagine how difficult it must be to clean that thing?


    On a side note, I disagree about your 20+ hour time. I think I can do 3 fat racks of ribs in less than 12, and done to perfection. I couldn't imagine cooking anything @ 210-215 for 20+ hours...unless you're talking about half a cow or something.

    Then again, you are DLT, so who knows what you find down the road.
    Fresno,
    I forgot to say it is sun baking on 120 degree black asphalt.



    Quote Originally Posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
    Uruguay Sizzles Up One Big Barbecue
    AP
    Posted: 2008-04-14 10:16:11
    Filed Under: Weird News, World News
    MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay (April 13) - One of South America's smallest countries proved on Sunday it can hold the biggest barbecue in the world.

    Photo Gallery

    Marcelo Singer, AFP / Getty Images
    Here's the Beef1 of 4


    It took 1,250 chefs to cook 26,400 pounds of beef in Uruguay on Sunday, when the small South American country earned the Guinness World Records title for the world's biggest barbecue.
    I was there!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •