Thread: Just installed an Eminence Legend 105 in place of the Jensen C10Q8...:D

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Just installed an Eminence Legend 105 in place of the Jensen C10Q8...:D

And I'm happy. The sound is livelier, a little ballsier, slightly brighter too. Real nice! I definitelly can NOT wait to get my hands on a Ramrod if it's even better, which it seems to be...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just installed an Eminence Legend 105 in place of the Jensen C10Q8...:D

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    I definitelly can NOT wait to get my hands on a Ramrod if it's even better, which it seems to be...
    It's A LOT more expensive, too...

The Legend sounds more than good to me, and it's definately quite an upgrade from the Jensens...

HTH,

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just installed an Eminence Legend 105 in place of the Jensen C10Q8...:D

What amp did you put it in, a Fender or what?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Laney VC15. Two channels (well, footswitchable gain really..), KINDA vox inspired but not that close. Real nice little thing, for cheap.

Erlend_G

I heard that the VC15 has undersized transformers, that tends to burn out after a while. Have you had any problems yet?

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Laney VC15. Two channels (well, footswitchable gain really..), KINDA vox inspired but not that close. Real nice little thing, for cheap.
    Absolutely great little amps! I don't have any of the VC15s but I did get some VC30s in stock and those are super little amps. I thought the stock speakers were fine. Please tell me more about your upgrade. How did it affect the tone particularly?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

More defined mostly. A little brighter, in a cutting way. Dunno... it was more subtle than I expected. It's still very similar, but better There's slightly more bass and muscle too.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My 4x10 cab has Eminence Legend 105 speakers also. I really like that cab. At lower volumes, it sounds full, and at high volumes the house shakes, and the speakers stay clean.
    Turn me on, Dead Man.