Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Between A Cow And A Jack in the Box
    Posts
    3,089
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    So I was driving on the right lane and suddenly a bloated old cop jumps out in the road. I quickly slid into the next lane behind another car to avoid running him over and causing a pile up behind me!

    Then the SOB pulls me over into a parking lot and gives me a speeding ticket plus a ticket for illegal lane change and another for following too closely! So the truth is I was speeding! I didn't contest that. But I told the fat SOB that it was because of him that I had to swerve into the other lane! If he didn't roll out into the middle of the darn lane...

    So I complained to him but he ignored my pleas. Then he told me "gee youre the best customer I had all day" as he hobbled his fat ass back to his car. Then I said "yes you're a real gem yourself."

    So I pulled out and started down the declined exit ramp of the parking lot and my front tires spun a little. Seconds later the lights were on behind me coming like a bat out of hell! He pulls me over again and gave me ticket for squealing my tires and no display of front license plate! I said I have my license plate on the back and the front plate is right here!

    The plastic license plate frame broke and but I kept the license plate in my back seat until the replacement frame came in mail. He still ticketed me for it. I was like "I drive a compact car with front wheel drive! What do you expect at an angle on a downhill slope? How much is my little car really going to squeal?"

    I hate cops! I'm have to hire a lawyer now because its like 2000.00 in penalties! Cops suck!

  2. #2
    DLT
    Guest

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Yep...that is the way it is with the Ottawa County Deputies here in West Michigan. Bunch of cowboys that make up the rules as they see fit.

    You ran into the ultimate prickasauras. Next time a cop is walking away from the car, say "hey... is this doughnut grease on this ticket"?

  3. #3
    Krankitupologist krankguitarist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,931
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quota time, anybody?

    Hope ya can do somethin' to fight it bro.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Between A Cow And A Jack in the Box
    Posts
    3,089
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    Yep...that is the way it is with the Ottawa County Deputies here in West Michigan. Bunch of cowboys that make up the rules as they see fit.

    You ran into the ultimate prickasauras. Next time a cop is walking away from the car, say "hey... is this doughnut grease on this ticket"?
    I gues it my fault. Next time I should keep my big mouth shut! I was pissed though!

    Something else really sucks hard too. The cops are being forced to show up to court now because some genius complained that money was being wasted on noshows. Now u cant get tickets dismissed like before. I have no choice but to hire a sleazebag!

  5. #5
    Mojo's Minions lex666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    That's me in the corner - that's me in the spotlight, losing my religion.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,703
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    26

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    That totally sucks dude.

    Good luck, I hope it works out in the end.
    If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLivingDead View Post
    DON'TGETMADBRO

  6. #6
    Mojo's Minions Kosh Naranek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    WI
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,679
    Likes (Given)
    258
    Likes (Received)
    93

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringSales View Post
    I gues it my fault. Next time I should keep my big mouth shut! I was pissed though!
    Yup. All they wanna hear is "Yes, officer. I'm sorry officer", or at worst, "I didn't know, officer". They always have the upper hand. If you lose your cool or get in a dispute with them, they'll just look for something else to bust you for.

    Disputing is pointless anyway. If you're nice, they might let you off with a warning. But once the wheels of "justice" are in motion, they do not back up. I had a coworker who was issued a ticket for driving 45 in a 40 mph zone. The cop was nailing him for going 10 miles over the speed limit cuz the cop thought the speed limit was 35. The coworker pointed to the speed limit sign. It was 40 and my coworker was only going 5 over. The ticket was still issued.

    The cop will not back down. They do not admit you're right. You're best off being polite, respectful, and then state your case in court. Guilty until proven rich.
    "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
    Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
    guitar pic site
    Original prog rock on soundcloud
    Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
    Original blues on soundcloud.com

  7. #7
    Luckybastidologist bungalowbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Peering just over the veil.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,139
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    36

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Was his car on the shoulder? Did you have the faintest idea that there was a policeman there?

    Sounds like you were speeding and not paying attention....it happens sometimes..Face it, you got pinched.

    You may or may not deserved all of the fines.

    I bet the cop thought different...some guy speeding down the road almost ran him over and then gave him a hard time about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tone4days View Post
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

  8. #8
    ObsoleteChickenPickingologist Butch Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,210
    Likes (Given)
    22
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringSales View Post
    I gues it my fault. Next time I should keep my big mouth shut! I was pissed though!

    Something else really sucks hard too. The cops are being forced to show up to court now because some genius complained that money was being wasted on noshows. Now u cant get tickets dismissed like before. I have no choice but to hire a sleazebag!
    He still might not show up. That said, I would be looking forward to it. If you have a decent attorney, you might have a chance at proving it was the cop who caused you to swerve and all; however, they'll argue that if you weren't speeding, you wouldn't have had to swerve. Maybe and maybe not....

    Good luck to you and your fight...

  9. #9
    Gear Ho Gearjoneser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chatsworth, Ca.
    Age
    43
    Posts
    34,900
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1605

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    I feel your pain, especially knowing you're trying to get a new business off the ground.

    If I were you, I'd go down to the Police station and talk to his boss, and embellishment never hurts. File a formal complaint of 'abuse of authority' or whatever. LOL

    See if you can get the extra 2 citations wiped off before you even get to court.
    If you play guitar chest-high, you play from your heart.

    If you play guitar waist-high, you play from your guts.

    If you play guitar low, you play from your huevos.

  10. #10
    Ultimate Tone Slacker mediumpimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    2,526
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    I feel your pain, especially knowing you're trying to get a new business off the ground.

    If I were you, I'd go down to the Police station and talk to his boss, and embellishment never hurts. File a formal complaint of 'abuse of authority' or whatever. LOL

    See if you can get the extra 2 citations wiped off before you even get to court.
    I like this idea a lot, you done it before Jonesy?

    Seriously, a good traffic lawyer can do wonders in court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarekrough View Post
    If it got any more rock and roll for you there'd be a drug test and credit check, eh?

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Between A Cow And A Jack in the Box
    Posts
    3,089
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quote Originally Posted by bungalowbill View Post
    Was his car on the shoulder? Did you have the faintest idea that there was a policeman there?

    Sounds like you were speeding and not paying attention....it happens sometimes..Face it, you got pinched.

    You may or may not deserved all of the fines.

    I bet the cop thought different...some guy speeding down the road almost ran him over and then gave him a hard time about it.
    I wasn't disputing the speeding ticket. I know that was deserved. However the rest is He was not on the shoulder. He was hidden in a parking lot and came running out into the street pointing at a few cars. I moved out of the way because he was initially pointing towards another driver. Then he pulled over the car in front of me too.

    My thought was he just wanted to pinch somebody because he was all over the place. It happens. Cops suck!

  12. #12
    ObsoleteChickenPickingologist Butch Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,210
    Likes (Given)
    22
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    I feel your pain, especially knowing you're trying to get a new business off the ground.

    If I were you, I'd go down to the Police station and talk to his boss, and embellishment never hurts. File a formal complaint of 'abuse of authority' or whatever. LOL

    See if you can get the extra 2 citations wiped off before you even get to court.
    Yeah, I like this one too...

  13. #13
    Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,601
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    I hate to hear that, Six. Cops have way too much power and authority in this country. They're supposed to protect the public, but in many cases they persecute the individual.

    I had a recent run-in with one such fellow that landed me 8 tickets. Not trying to outdo you or anything, but sometimes **** happens, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Between A Cow And A Jack in the Box
    Posts
    3,089
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quote Originally Posted by alex1fly View Post
    I hate to hear that, Six. Cops have way too much power and authority in this country. They're supposed to protect the public, but in many cases they persecute the individual.

    I had a recent run-in with one such fellow that landed me 8 tickets. Not trying to outdo you or anything, but sometimes **** happens, you know?
    Ur right! If they spent that time and resource putting real criminal away just imagine that!

  15. #15
    MoneyForNothingologist PoorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,323
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringSales View Post

    I hate cops! Cops suck!
    That's really irresposible for you to make a blanket statement like that. Cops have a really tough job and I bet you'll want one around if you or anyone you love is ever in danger.

    You may not have deserved 5 tickets, but you deserved a couple and your attitude probably didn't help your situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankly View Post
    PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Between A Cow And A Jack in the Box
    Posts
    3,089
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quote Originally Posted by PoorMan View Post
    That's really irresposible for you to make a blanket statement like that. Cops have a really tough job and I bet you'll want one around if you or anyone you love is ever in danger.

    You may not have deserved 5 tickets, but you deserved a couple and your attitude probably didn't help your situation.
    Hey come on. It's just a generalization that most people make. Not all cops suck. You don't know my experience with them. In all my years and all places I've been there might be one or two cops who were decent. The rest suck.

    When some gang members hit and run my car while pumping gas at a convenient store the trusty cops you speak of didn't do jack! I even had witnesses and a license plate. I literally saw a hit and run victim die because the ambulance got there so late then the cops didn't do jack to find the people. Good luck to his family for getting closure. I can do this all day long but my point is made.

    I won't rely on cops for shyte! If someone does me wrong I'll take the law into my own hands. Im not crying to no cop for help! Cops forget that respect goes both ways. I work my fingers to the bone to pay bills and taxes upon taxes. Without taxpayers cops wouldn't have jobs! What we forget is how priorities are twisted and bureaucracy dominates the system. Cops are sent out to sweep drivers to collect money not to catch criminals that make society unsafe.
    Last edited by Yngwiestein; 05-01-2008 at 01:08 PM.

  17. #17
    MoneyForNothingologist PoorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,323
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringSales View Post
    Hey come on. It's just a generalization that most people make. Not all cops suck. You don't know my experience with them. In all my years and all places I've been there might be one or two cops who were decent. The rest suck.

    When some gang members hit and run my car while pumping gas at a convenient store the trusty cops you speak of didn't do jack! I even had witnesses and a license plate. I literally saw a hit and run victim die because the ambulance got there so late then the cops didn't do jack to find the people. Good luck to his family for getting closure. I can do this all day long but my point is made.

    I won't rely on cops for shyte! If someone does me wrong I'll take the law into my own hands. Im not crying to no cop for help! Cops forget that respect goes both ways. I work my fingers to the bone to pay bills and taxes upon taxes. Without taxpayers cops wouldn't have jobs! What we forget is how priorities are twisted and bureaucracy dominates the system. Cops are sent out to sweep drivers to collect money not to catch criminals that make society unsafe.
    You're entitled to your opinion. I take offense to it personally and resepctfully disagree with your general view of law enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankly View Post
    PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Between A Cow And A Jack in the Box
    Posts
    3,089
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    Quote Originally Posted by PoorMan View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion. I take offense to it personally and resepctfully disagree with your general view of law enforcement.
    Thanks! I'm glad we can disagree without blowing up into something stupid. Part of it might be because I'm still mad too!

  19. #19
    Mojo's Minions Redmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ... Fast lane....
    Age
    46
    Posts
    4,726
    Likes (Given)
    133
    Likes (Received)
    112

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    You remember Skaries post about good days being like a virus?
    Bad days can be like that too and it's always good to remember that you are in control!
    If you go from one bad hit to the next with a bad attitude then your only gonna net in more hastle. Be nice to people, for ****s sake.
    👣
    👣
    💀

  20. #20
    Gibletsologist pzaxtl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,434
    Likes (Given)
    214
    Likes (Received)
    79

    Default Re: Five Traffic Tickets At Once OMG!

    The fine is minor compared to what your insurance company will do when you have all those points on your license.

    Your best bet is to plead not guilty and take it to trial -- if the cop doesn't show the judge has to throw it out.

    Secondly, I concur with PoorMan. Cops are doing a difficult (sometimes deadly) job and as a general rule, they do it with professionalism and pride. My hat's off to anybody in law enforcement. Yeah, you can run into a bad cop -- just like you can run into a bad lawyer, doctor, teacher, politician... wait, they're all bad. However, just because I happened to have gotten a quack doctor in the ER doesn't mean I'm about swear off the entire medical establishment as being irrelevant and irresponsible.
    I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it left.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •