Thread: pickup pole piece spacing question

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default pickup pole piece spacing question

Hello all! I was hoping someone could answer a question I had about pole piece spacing. I am currently building a single cut guitar (mahogany body, maple top with purpleheart laminates, mahogany/ purpleheart set neck) and it has a 3 single coil configuration. The bridge being used however is a tune- o- matic. It is a typical Nashville style bridge where the span is 2".

I know for a fact that single coil pickup pole pieces don't match up with the spacing on tune o matics in most cases and tend to be a bit wider. Does anybody know any single coils that do? I was eyeing a set of overwound Lindy Fralins.

Questionologist
    NORTH HOLLYWOOD (talk to me, So Cal members!)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: pickup pole piece spacing question

Your only problem might be with the neck pickup. The other two should work just fine. Kinman makes their neck pu's with tighter pole spacing, but I don't know of anyone else who does.
    In 1861 as Confederate forces were about to fire on Fort Sumter, the Blue and Gray had far more in common than the blue and red today. What fellowship can "the truth shall set you free" ever have with "what is truth"? Barring a major epidemic or nuclear attack to explode the postmodern myth that the reality outside our heads depends for its very existence on what we think of it, secession is coming...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: pickup pole piece spacing question

I'm working on a project that will be a Strat bridge pickup in a P-90 spirit/configuration (steel poles, etc) that's 49.2 mm. I don't know of anyone else offering that spacing in a Strat pickup offhand.

But the reality is any custom winder (Including the Duncan Custom Shop or Lindy Fralin) who works with raw flatwork should be able to make any spacing you want...for a price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankly View Post
    PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.