Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With all this talk of Metallica...

H8Red442

Default Re: With all this talk of Metallica...

I loves me some Peace Sells and would take that or Killing Is My Business over RIP any day.

I also love Persistence Of Time and maybe it measures up in enjoyment of listening to Ride the Lightning for me. But not Among the Living. ATL is a great album but I always placed Anthrax at number four in the " Big 4" of 80's thrash.

1986 was an amazing year for Metal/Thrash. Peace Sells, Master Of Puppets, Reign In Blood and Among the Living. Arguably the best the big 4 would release. While I much prefer Justice to Puppets, South Of Heaven to Reign In Blood, and Persistence to Among the Living, there's no arguing 1986 was a phenomenal year, never to be repeated. 1987/1988 weren't too shabby either with Testament offering an album both years (their best two), Overkill releasing two albums of their own (two of their greatest), Sanctuary debuting, Garage Days and Justice being released, Anthrax stepping in with Euphoria, Megadeth released , So Far So Good, and Slayer released South Of Heaven. Lest we forget, Fates Warning's No Exit, Death's Leprosy, Seventh Son, Nuclear Assault's Surive, Game Over and The Plague.... what a great 3 years it was.

H8Red442

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
    Anthrax and Slayer never did much for me. I can name a few tunes that I liked, but noting like what MOP did for me.
    Anthrax never did much for me ever. I like them but I would always pick someone over them. Upon their release ATL and State of Euphoria were cool albums but Metallica and Testament had most of my attention then. If not then it was Overkill or Nuclear Assault.

It took a LONG time for me to dig Slayer. I like them more now than I ever did. South Of Heaven beats Puppets to hell for me. Seasons In The Abyss is tied with Justice.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by H8Red442 View Post
    South Of Heaven beats Puppets to hell for me.
    Now that's a shocker.
    Ibanez SZ320 / A2 Pro neck, Screamin' Demon bridge.
    AllParts Strat / Toneriders Pure Vintage set
    Partscaster #2 / JB-8 bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 + DIY 1x12 cab + Eminence Wizard / Roland Cube 60
    Zvex Super Duper, EHX Memory Toy, Keeley BD2, Boss GE-7, CE-2, DD-5, Marshall Jackhammer,
    EHX Metal Muff TB.

H8Red442

Quote Originally Posted by ChileanGuy View Post
    Now that's a shocker.
    It's my hetero man crush on Dave Lombardo.