Thread: P-Rails and Electronics Stuff

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default P-Rails and Electronics Stuff

So, I was looking at new humbuckers, both for bridge and neck, and came across the Duncan P-Rails. From what I read, and hear, they sound amazing. But, I was also recommened the SH-4 JB for Bridge, and Jazz/ or 59 for Neck. What do you think of comparing the two "sets?" If I got the P-Rails, I would get the full 3-way package.

It would be either on an LP or a '72 Tele Deluxe Reissue.

It would be four push/pull pots, 2 vol, 2 tone. The vol would be in charge of the rails, while the tone would be in charge of the P-90s. Both on, both activated, one on, one activated, and so fourth. That way, I don't have to do any extra drilling. One question. Would this really work? It seems to in my head, but I'm not quite sure, seeing as how I'm not electronically-inclined. Thanks!

Finally, if it matters, I'm going for an alternative, punk, pop/punk, and indie tone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: P-Rails and Electronics Stuff

It works great like that though...

...look at the Duncan schematics as you want four sounds switched sounds etc.

I did mine like this:

a) VOL UP/TONE UP = Series HB

b) VOL DOWN/TONE DOWN = Parallel HB

c) VOL UP/TONE DOWN = P90

d) VOL DOWN/TONE UP = Rail

Great pups, though in my case I used two "Neck" P-Rails as I'm looking for a more vintage PAF type sound.