Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EVH fender $25,000 frankenstrat duncan pickup

Default Re: EVH fender $25,000 frankenstrat duncan pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyfingers View Post
    How can this company put out an exact copy of the frankenstrat pickup when fender has the patent on it!
    Fender does not have a patent on it, but what they do have is a legal agreement with Seymour Duncan. If the pickup ever sees the light of day, then that is Fender's decision.
    -Chris
    Twitter @ChrisWeatherly1
    Instagram @JCWeatherly
    Quote Originally Posted by John Suhr View Post
    Practice cures most tone issues

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by frankentone View Post
    i would contact wade from motorcity pickups with your questions.from what wade told me,a company that he makes pickups for has the $25k guitar.they took the pickup out and sent it to him to copy it.you would have to ask him about the details,i dont know.i have a frankie copy guitar,i put his blisster in it and went to a high end guitar shop here in the city that has the fender $25k frankie guitar and i compared the two pickups.i didnt hear any difference between them..i comparedt hem playing through a 1971 marshall metalface plexi..if seymour duncan came out with the pickup for sale,yes i would buy it..i love the pickup!!!!!get one and find a fender frankie and compare it your self!!!the proof will be there,i was skeptical about it at first my self..sorry i posted this,thought i would be helping other EVH heads out that love the sound of that pickup
    john

TheArchitect

Quote Originally Posted by frankfalbo View Post

The second style of pickup is a higher output pickup, again with a few tricks. The three days Eddie spent here in Santa Barbara yielded many great stories, but also some revelations, and today we have a pickup in the Frankenstein guitar that is not available anywhere else. There could come a day when Eddie himself makes that pickup available to the general public. For now, it is not.
    The Guitar World interviews clearly state that the pickup in Franky still had the PAF stickers etc on it and read 0 on the meter. If that is the higher output pickup in question it was clearly modified. Can you at least explain how that is even possible technically? If it reads 0, I don't see how it can even function. I also can't understand why GW would knowingly publish inaccurate information either but clearly this doesn't add up. Was Chip Ellis possibly spreading a little disinformation to the rag?

Mojo's Minions Christopher Caruana's Avatar
    the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
    The Guitar World interviews clearly state that the pickup in Franky still had the PAF stickers etc on it and read 0 on the meter. If that is the higher output pickup in question it was clearly modified. Can you at least explain how that is even possible technically? If it reads 0, I don't see how it can even function. I also can't understand why GW would knowingly publish inaccurate information either but clearly this doesn't add up. Was Chip Ellis possibly spreading a little disinformation to the rag?
    Ya i have been wondering on chip spreading miss info. In the guitar world magazine story, chip said that ed would let them at the custom shop have the original frankie to go off of in building the other ones......But in the vidoe interview, chip said that they build the replica completely from looking at photos and never had the original guitar......
    2013 EVH Wolfgang USA HT
    1989 PRS custom 24 10 top
    1986 Laney AOR "Pro Tube" 100MV
    Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
    Majik Box Filthy Lucre

TheArchitect

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Caruana View Post
    Ya i have been wondering on chip spreading miss info. In the guitar world magazine story, chip said that ed would let them at the custom shop have the original frankie to go off of in building the other ones......But in the vidoe interview, chip said that they build the replica completely from looking at photos and never had the original guitar......
    Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wouldn't trade my '78/EVH pickup for anything!!!
    :afro:

Skaforlifeologist super rad stuff's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

this thread is rediculous...
    Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
    ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Asshatologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah it is... but then again I bought 2 tony iommi humbuckers.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Caruana View Post
    I believe he said he built the FIRST replica that he ever brought over to Eddie's house, the FIRST time he ever MET Eddie, from photos. He's had Frankie many times, uninstalled the pickup, etc.

It's not just Chip who claimed the pickup read "0". EBMM said the same thing, although they wound up going in a different direction with their pickups.

TheArchitect

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    I believe he said he built the FIRST replica that he ever brought over to Eddie's house, the FIRST time he ever MET Eddie, from photos. He's had Frankie many times, uninstalled the pickup, etc.

It's not just Chip who claimed the pickup read "0". EBMM said the same thing, although they wound up going in a different direction with their pickups.
    If one can many can. I will stand by my belief that it isn't possible to read zero and still function until I can find or someone can explain to me how that's possible electronically. Certainly basic electronics isn't covered under the agreement with Fender

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I guess wow is all I can say. I have a '78 MJ made for me and I am satisfied with the service, sound, and the company.

theodie

Who cares, it is not like an EVH tone is hard to get anyway. Any of of his tones are somewhat simple to copy.

Asshatologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wish we could close this..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow, this thread never got nuked? Surprises the HELL out of me.
    ---------------------------
    JC's Hummer Emporium: You'll Be Glad You Came!

Ultimate Tone Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As a guy with lots of electrical engineering background, I can assure you that if they read 0 ohms when taking the DC resistance :

a) there was a manipulation error
    b) they measured while the pickup was still in the guitar and the volume knob was fully off
    c) the pickup actually has a short inside somewhere or there is a short at the jack or somewhere else in the signal path

If one can many can. I will stand by my belief that it isn't possible to read zero and still function until I can find or someone can explain to me how that's possible electronically. Certainly basic electronics isn't covered under the agreement with Fender

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Motorcity Pickups are a ripoff! They used to steal the pictures from Bare knuckle pickups and use them on their own websites. They're product discriptions are also very similar to the pickup discriptions on bareknucklepickups.co.uk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thanks for using my clips,lol...i just heard about it over at a different forum.im not EVH just a hobbiest who enjoys his tone.the motorcity copy of the fender EVH frankenstrat pickup is awsome.i love the pickup,its my favorite.i also have the official EVH version coming as well.just ordered it from musicians friend.you guys will be amazed with the pickup when you try the new EVH released frankenstrat pickup,it nails his early tone.

TheArchitect

Can we close this before the Motor City propoganda nonsense starts up again?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can we close this before the Motor City propoganda nonsense starts up again?
    your crazy..you think two pickups with the same resistance is the same pickup,go play your cusom custom,and dont talk about something you know nothing about.for the rest of you go order the EVH brand frankenstrat pickup,you wont be sorry.it way better than the 78..

TheArchitect

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5150 View Post
    your crazy..you think two pickups with the same resistance is the same pickup,go play your cusom custom,and dont talk about something you know nothing about.for the rest of you go order the EVH brand frankenstrat pickup,you wont be sorry.it way better than the 78..
    You don't know anything either. The specs Evan gave certainly backup the idea its a CC or **** close. You don't have jack other than what you heard from somebody. Take your own advice