Thread: Heads up on GREAT, affordable cabs: AB CUSTOM AUDIO

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Heads up on GREAT, affordable cabs: AB CUSTOM AUDIO

So, I've been in the market for a super-affordable, good looking, good sounding 1x12 cab for studio and backup use. Looked into Avatar, Lopo, some used old boogies, etc. They all looked great, but I was on a super tight budget.

The I saw this link on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-1X12-CAB-ONE...categoryZ12116 1QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looked almost too good to be true. I'll admit it. I was skeptical. The cab looked great. Anyway, I contacted the seller, Jesus, at AB Custom Audio. I asked him if he could make one exactly to the specs that I wanted, and he said no problem. I checked out his positive feedback, and his actual website, and everything looked legit.

I feel like I took a leap of faith conducting business thru an ebay seller, OUTSIDE of ebay, but I figured what the hell.

Anyway, about 2 weeks later, my custom cab shows up, and I'm floored!!! Amazing work. Super clean tolex job. Nice handle and feet. Nicely done plain tolex corners (no metal corners, like I specified), super snug fitting grille cloth, inside painted black, jacks wired up and ready. And the cab is nice and light weight birch, but super solid feeling.

Just all around, really really nice work.

I threw an Eminence Tonker in it last night, fired it up, and it sounded enormous! Great, great tone. Very resonant, punchy, full... sounded really really big. I LOVE it!

Great communication too. All my emails were answered within 24 hours, and he provided a fedex tracking number as well for my cab. I'm just very impressed.

If anyone is in the market for a cab that can be made to YOUR custom specs, both size, shape, and tolex, give Jesus a holler. Great guy, great product.

Long story short: Two Thumbs up for Jesus and AB CUSTOM AUDIO CABS!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Heads up on GREAT, affordable cabs: AB CUSTOM AUDIO

yeah i was going to have him build me and new cab for my b-52. I still might pull the trigger on his 4x12...

-Brian
    #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
    #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
    #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
    #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
    #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
    Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
    Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
    Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

MY NAME IS JESUS AND I WOULD MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU CUSTOMIZE YOUR BOX!!!!!
    Both myself and my girlfriend laughed at this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hahah, yeah. I think it's funny that he is named Jesus, and is basically a carpenter... making amp cabs!

But a hell of a nice guy.

Ultimate Tone Member Mononoaware's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RockStarNick View Post
    Hahah, yeah. I think it's funny that he is named Jesus, and is basically a carpenter... making amp cabs!

But a hell of a nice guy.
    There's something wrong with that statement, but I can't. . . quite. . . figure. . . out. . .

Oh.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cab question: parallel sides or no? What effect on sound? PA speakers and monitors are sometimes trapezoidal or wedge shaped, why not guitar cabs?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's nice you found a great cab builder! I was impressed by the seam locations on the cab pics. They look cool!

AB (Adelanto, CA) and Lopo (Victorville) are just 20-30 minutes each way from me in either direction, which is funny because this area is in the middle of nowhere between the LA basin, and Las Vegas.