Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transparent beautiful tone

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Transparent beautiful tone

Quote Originally Posted by wanmei1 View Post
    Frank you've lost me with some of your terminology.
    Ha, that's because I make up terminology sometimes. "Keyboard dynamics" to me refers to how you can hit a keyboard with a certain velocity and it's hard limited by the sample. In other words, there's only so much dynamic range in the trigger. So no, not a loud pronounced attack with a sharp drop off. That would be most "string" plucks. What I'm referring to is how some actives can chop off the tops of dynamics, like a hard limiter. So even when you really dig in, they just go "plink plink".

I only use the word sterile on a parallel wired P.A.F. style pickup because a lot of people find it dry and glassy. There's no bubble to it in the midrange when wired in parallel, because a lot of that midrange goodness is phase cancelled in parallel. Not so with the P-Rails, and that's the only point I was making about that.

Sorry for the confusion!

Showmasterologist Robert Delahunt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by frankfalbo View Post
    Ha, that's because I make up terminology sometimes. "Keyboard dynamics" to me refers to how you can hit a keyboard with a certain velocity and it's hard limited by the sample. In other words, there's only so much dynamic range in the trigger. So no, not a loud pronounced attack with a sharp drop off. That would be most "string" plucks. What I'm referring to is how some actives can chop off the tops of dynamics, like a hard limiter. So even when you really dig in, they just go "plink plink".

I only use the word sterile on a parallel wired P.A.F. style pickup because a lot of people find it dry and glassy. There's no bubble to it in the midrange when wired in parallel, because a lot of that midrange goodness is phase cancelled in parallel. Not so with the P-Rails, and that's the only point I was making about that.

Sorry for the confusion!
    I'm sorry but I still don't know: what is a P Rails? I can't find it for the life of me!
    My Website || My Music
    Quote Originally Posted by US Declaration of Independence
    ... are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights....
    Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteDonkey View Post
    I'm sorry but I still don't know: what is a P Rails? I can't find it for the life of me!
    Frank's avatar is a pic of one. Read about them here:
    P Rails news release on Duncan site
    "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
    Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
    guitar pic site
    Original prog rock on soundcloud
    Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
    Original blues on soundcloud.com

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Urgh, I feel that I need some P-rails. I've just got to get a new guitar to stick them in

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh Naranek View Post
    Frank's avatar is a pic of one. Read about them here:
    P Rails news release on Duncan site
    Oh lol thanks, sorry, I guess I missed it. Yeah, I heard about that thing: is it really "all that and a box of chocolates"? Does anyone have decent audio clips? I like the audio samples on the Seymour Duncan website, at least the originals, but the newer ones (like for the Dave Mustain set) are rather lacking in quality (not trying to disrespect anyone, just giving my opinion).

Anyways, thanks! I'll check it out.

And last, but not least (if you guys can bear with me a tiny bit more), I am wanting to buy an American Standard Stratocaster eventually, but someone had said that I might like the SSH setup more. Do any of you have any experience with Fender's stock American Standard pickups in the SSH model? Would those meet my needs? Or would you guys recommend something different by Seymour Duncan in this guitar?

Thanks in advance! I appreciate it!
    My Website || My Music
    Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bump
    My Website || My Music