Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make my own goldtop SG w/ P90's ???

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Make my own goldtop SG w/ P90's ???

Quote Originally Posted by NUNOSLASH View Post
    Hahaha you said that is never been done but you have a pic of a real one??

I said "That I've never seen made" not that it never has been made. I've never seen one and apparently that was a special run Epiphone only version, probably done for Musicians Friend or someone exclusively I'd bet.
    -Burny Randy Rhoads LP Custom- C5/59 Hybrid Bridge/Fernades Vh-1 PAF neck
    -Epi Goldtop - Custom Shop Mike Ness p90's
    -Epi Masterbilt AJ500R rosewood
    -Fender Classic Player 60's strat CS 69'

-Gretsch Black Phoenix - TV Jones Classics
    -Danelectro Dano Pro Baritone

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BTMN View Post
    May I suggest taking the Gold just to the edge of the top Bevel and leave the sides and and neck Black. Black P90 covers and a Black guard with Black powdercoating to the hardware would be real tasty. Even with an Epi headstock.

The idea of a used SG Faded is a good one too. You might get lucky. While a lil more money Gibbers '67 reissue with P90s in 2007 was a nice guitar in the Guitar of the week thing.

Another all out version would be to all Gold it and put a Pearloid guard and Pearloid P90 covers on it with Chrome Tele style knobs and Chrome hardware.

I think thats a cool idea but without binding I think the transition wouldn't look that great and binding a beveled SG top would be next to impossible. Though it would look really sweet lol

It would make the whole thing so much harder to paint as well. This is sort of more just a fun guitar that I want to put my Mike Ness custom shop P90's into

Basically seeing Social Distortion back in the day is what inspired me to pick up a guitar in the first place, and I do love his tone of p90s through a modded Bassman. That Live at the ROxy tone is still pretty much my definition of what 'rock n' roll' sounds like lol

So basically this is just kinda a cheap and fun "first guitar" memory type of thing for me if that makes sense
    -Burny Randy Rhoads LP Custom- C5/59 Hybrid Bridge/Fernades Vh-1 PAF neck
    -Epi Goldtop - Custom Shop Mike Ness p90's
    -Epi Masterbilt AJ500R rosewood
    -Fender Classic Player 60's strat CS 69'

-Gretsch Black Phoenix - TV Jones Classics
    -Danelectro Dano Pro Baritone

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A couple of years ago, I was infected with the same notion of a Goldtop SG. I decided to have one made, and here is the result (w/ Phat Cats):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TS_SG_Completed_01.jpg   TS_SG_Completed_04.jpg