Thread: Wiring problems...

Toneologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Wiring problems...

Hi,

Just wired my strat up yet again and there a few things I'm unsure of that I want to clarify. Basically it buzzes like hell, but gets WORSE when i touch a metal component.

I've used shielding paint. and I have a shallow cavity. I'm thinking of insulating everything (pots/switch lugs) with electrical tape to make sure nothings being grounded that shouldn't be..

I have the pick guard foil grounded via the pots obviously... but I also have a strip of foil underneath the paint running underneath a pick guard screw hole, could this be a problem?

Other than these It might just be a solder joint I've got wrong.. but These are things I'm unsure about at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    I hope your trumpet player is a hot chick 'cuz he's not gonna get any respect if he's not.

BrandNewGlossologist Diocletian's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wiring problems...

Pick guard foil is grounded? I wouldn't have thought that was needed. It's a plastic pick guard presumably?

I think you've maybe taken things a bit too far. Try to keep it as simple as possible. You followed a diagram, right?

Toneologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wiring problems...

yeah i followed the diagram, and i've shielding the cavity with conductive paint, so I foiled the back of the guard...
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    I hope your trumpet player is a hot chick 'cuz he's not gonna get any respect if he's not.