Thread: Phat Cat Wiring

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Phat Cat Wiring

So my PC saga continues. I popped off the back and opened her up to prep this baby for a 4-way switch. I lifted the white wire that was soldered to the back plate, and added and extension to this so I can it wire to the switch. Then I added a permeant ground wire from the back plate to my volume pot.

I thought this is what you are supposed to do. I did think it was weird that the hot wire was black because that's usually ground, but what do I know.

I wired it up to the switch and got signal in all positions but number 3. Here's the kicker, I'm not even sure the PC is in the mix. I changed magnets in it to chime it up so I really don't know what this pickup sounds like.

This all has me scratching my head. I'm guessing I did something wrong on the pickup wiring because I've checked the switch part a millions times.

Can anyone help!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Phat Cat Wiring

That would make sense. Here's what I'm using:http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/pdf/t...ay_diagram.pdf

Should I run the hot from the pickup straight to lug 3 of the volume pot and then to the switch? It seems that every Duncan wiring diagram I see has the PC doing that?