Thread: Homemade Humbuckers?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question Homemade Humbuckers?

I'm interested in making a humbucker pickup. Does anyone know of a link or where I can find a tutorial ?

Slutbucker Pimpologist ArtieToo's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Homemade Humbuckers?

Oddly enough, Seymour Duncan himself, supplies some of the best info.

Go to the home page, click on:

Support>Seymour Q & A, and start reading. There's more than enough info there to design and build a pup. If thats not enough, there's a good book called "Pickup Winding" or such by Jason Lollar.

Do an Amazon, or Google search, or get it from Stew-Mac.
    Many people seem to end up defining their entire life by the work that they keep. They have no hobbies, are part of no meaningful social groups, and have few friends outside of work. After enough time spent like this, they seem to get to a mental place where they are incapable of escaping. After several decades in captivity, trying to release an animal back into the wild usually doesn't end all that well for the animal. It's very sad. GuitarStv

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Artietoo. The Lollar book really doesnt have a lot in it about Humbuckers its quite limited.

Slutbucker Pimpologist ArtieToo's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thats good to know. I haven't actually seen it, but have heard good things about it. I was thinking of buying it.

Just the other day, I read through all 400 Q & A's. Thats a lot of info.
    Many people seem to end up defining their entire life by the work that they keep. They have no hobbies, are part of no meaningful social groups, and have few friends outside of work. After enough time spent like this, they seem to get to a mental place where they are incapable of escaping. After several decades in captivity, trying to release an animal back into the wild usually doesn't end all that well for the animal. It's very sad. GuitarStv

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is great for making a winder and has some good stuff (and diagrams for bobbins). It is a good book but humbucker info is a bit limited. Probably because there's more work and parts involved. Maybe Its just me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if you can wind a single coil, you may be able to wind a bucker!!

basically you just wind each coil seperately and connect them, of course its much more complicated to get a good one but hey half thhe fun is trying

theodie

I have a video for sale in the trading post where Lindy Fralin shows that kind of stuff.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the posts. A friend has apparently ordered the video from Stewmac. So I'll check his out when it arrives.