Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NASA conspiracy theory cool Sh!T

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: NASA conspiracy theory cool Sh!T

The fact that NASA was founded, at least on the brain side, by German scientists is very, VERY common knowledge, outside of conspiracy theories. And we've been pestered on the news by the 40th anniversary here.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vinterland View Post
    It's so easy to prove it happened with a little research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_L...ing_Experiment
    +1000000000000000

It's also real easy to get a telescope and look for the American flag on the moon. My buddy showed it to me back in High School.

To me it has always seemed like people who are looking for a quest, and don't want to do any research on their own.

Luke
    I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.

-FDR

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Duke View Post
    +1000000000000000

It's also real easy to get a telescope and look for the American flag on the moon. My buddy showed it to me back in High School.

To me it has always seemed like people who are looking for a quest, and don't want to do any research on their own.

Luke
    Oh man... you can actually see Tranquility Base with a good enough telescope? Oh man... I have to get one and try that now. That's gotta be wild to be able to zoom in and see the lander and stuff.

edit: Eh... turns out you can't. What a drag.
    Last edited by B2D; 07-16-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's also on google maps.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dude you cant see the Flag through a telescope.....

Besides that this guy is NOT saying the US hasnt gone to the moon. He is saying the complete opposite. I for one totally believe we went to the moon.

Is the flag that the astronauts left still on the moon? If so can it be seen by using a telescope? What about the lunar rover? Can we use the Hubble Space Telescope to see anything left behind by the astronauts?

Yes, the flag is still on the moon, but you can't see it using a telescope. I found some statistics on the size of lunar equipment in a Press Kit for the Apollo 16 mission. The flag is 125 cm (4 feet) long, and you would need an optical wavelength telescope around 200 meters (~650 feet) in diameter to see it. The largest optical wavelength telescope that we have now is the Keck Telscope in Hawaii which is 10 meters in diameter. The Hubble Space Telescope is only 2.4 meters in diameter - much too small!
    The answer is basically "not a chance". No Earthbound telescope can see the flag on the Moon. Why not? For openers, the Earth's atmosphere is never steady enough to allow resolution below about one arc second for most locations. Beyond that, the telescope required to "see" the flag would need to be absolutely huge! Here is some basic analysis to show what would be needed:
    I wonder what you think you saw in High School??? Had a couple bong hits before? lol im messin with ya man.
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

BrandNewGlossologist Diocletian's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Duke View Post

Luke
    Right....your research enabled you to see a flag on the moon using only a telescope. Scholarly.

I've had some decent telescopes, an 8" SCT being the best, and I can assure you, you can't see any flags on the moon using a telescope.

I just watched "The Sky At Night" and they showed an old interview with the last man to walk on the moon. He was asked by Patrick Moore what the most surprising thing was about being on the moon and he said (paraphrasing) "Being on the moon."
    What kinda crappy answer is that? No wonder there's conspiracies about it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^^^ what website did you get that article from? I'd like to read the whole thing.

I don't know a whole lot about telescopes, but if we can use Hubble to get good pictures of galaxies that are several million light years away, how come we can't see our own landing site on the moon?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    I just watched "The Sky At Night" and they showed an old interview with the last man to walk on the moon. He was asked by Patrick Moore what the most surprising thing was about being on the moon and he said (paraphrasing) "Being on the moon."
    What kinda crappy answer is that? No wonder there's conspiracies about it.
    I don't think that's a crappy answer at all. Can you imagine how indescribably surreal an experience walking on another celestial body must be?

Think about it... on the first moon mission Neil and Buzz must've been bouncing around on the surface doing various experiments and keeping their cool, but every now and then one of them had to have stood back and said to themselves. "Holy God. I am walking on the surface of the friggin' MOON."

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually Buzz when asked about his experience on the moon said he couldnt recall his emotions and thoughts. He was so disturbed by it that he went to a Hypnotherapist and the doctor could not get through.

Everything with a grain of salt gentlemen. But alot of what this guy Hoagland is saying is pretty convincing and "ties" together nicely. It isnt a farcical of "weird" events that cant be explained. You really think that someone sat down and thought all these applied physics out??? That would take alot.
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Watch this and tell me someone could "make" all this up?? The Physics references etc....He could be exaggerating stuff. but it seems pretty darn on. The opinionate stuff about Obama is well................as he says opinionated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhLbU...x=0&playnext=1

I was very intrigued by these theories. The only thing I can think of is why arent these theories more widely discussed?? But in fact some of them are. Nikola Tesla has been quoted to have discovered some serious sh!t. Hows that for scholarly? lol
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't see the video and animation (browser issues), but wechoosethemoon.org is re-unning the entire Apollo 11 mission audio, with real time graphics and info! At least that is what I gathered from the local news.

http://www.wechoosethemoon.org/

Now as far as the Moon landings being a hoax, the people who had the most to gain by proving it was was a hoax were the Soviets. The Soviets had national resources available to prove to the populace of planet Earth, that the evil capitalist USA were lying. They didn't, so why would I trust a few bozos who sell a few books?

Apollo 13 must have been extra creative, if it were a hoax.
    Last edited by Sludgenutz; 07-16-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually Hoagland says himself along with a few others that NASA themselves conjured up the idea of the ride to the moon not happening. He said that at a NASA meeting someone came in and placed a flyer on everyones seat that posted that rumor. Other people that were at that meeting in the 70's can attest to it as well.
    He says that it was done purposely to 'hide' whatever they did find there.

Here is also something they based this on...

The Brookings Report is the informal name for a study commissioned from the Brookings Institution by NASA officials in 1960. The document was formally called Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Space Activities for Human Affairs. A transcription of the full document is available as a PDF file.

The Brookings report discusses a number of topics related to space travel, but is perhaps most frequently cited in regards to its conclusions regarding extraterrestrial life.

The relevant portion notes that while direct contact with extraterrestrials is unlikely, "Evidences of its existence might also be found in artifacts left on the moon or other planets. The consequences for attitudes and values are unpredictable, but would vary profoundly in different cultures and between groups within complex societies; a crucial factor would be the nature of the communication between us and the other beings. Whether or not earth would be inspired to an all-out space effort by such a discovery is moot: societies sure of their own place in the universe have disintegrated when confronted by a superior society, and others have survived even though changed. Clearly, the better we can come to understand the factors involved in responding to such crises the better prepared we may be."[1]

Curiously, the report also suggests that both scientists and religious fundamentalists might have their paradigms most altered by the verification of extraterrestrial life.

While not directly suggesting a cover up of evidence, the Brookings Report does suggest that contact with extraterrestrials (or strong evidence of their reality) could have a somewhat disruptive effect on humanity. Some ufologists and conspiracy theorists have suggested that the Brookings Reports' conclusions offers a motive for government officials to suppress evidence of extraterrestrial life, should it ever be discovered. This perhaps more sensationalistic interpretation of the Brookings Report may have been influenced by contemporary mass media coverage; a 1960 New York Times story on the subject had a headline reading "Mankind is Warned to Prepare For Discovery of Life in Space: Brookings Institution Report Says Earth's Civilization Might Topple if Faced by a Race of Superior Beings"[2]
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tone? View Post

the weird thing is that the past weekend was the 40th anniversary of the landing on the moon. Didnt really hear much of it on the TV if anything.
    I dunno man I work near NASA and I've heard tons about it. Its next weekend though I do believe. NASA is having a big reception party or something next friday with the original crew of Apollo 11. I think my boss is getting us all press passes but I'll probably be working all night on our magazine that day

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^ I get up early in the morning, and I heard Hoagland say that on Coast to Coast radio this morning. A mysterious man wearing a "duster" style trenchcoat...although he didn't know what a cowboy style trenchcoat was.
    Last edited by Sludgenutz; 07-16-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How do you listen to Coast to Coast??
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't see the video and animation (browser issues), but wechoosethemoon.org is re-unning the entire Apollo 11 mission audio, with real time graphics and info! At least that is what I gathered from the local news.

http://www.wechoosethemoon.org/

Dude this is totally cool!
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I catch an hour of it every morning on KFI AM 640 in the Los Angeles area. It runs for seven hours a night. It's on at 10pm and off at 5AM on weekdays, and eight hours a night on the weekends.

http://www.kfi640.com/pages/CoasttoC...article=444303

Thanks for trying the .org link! I was wondering if it was going to work.
    Last edited by Sludgenutz; 07-16-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The fact that NASA was founded, at least on the brain side, by German scientists is very, VERY common knowledge, outside of conspiracy theories. And we've been pestered on the news by the 40th anniversary here.
    Dude Von Braun was an Nazi Germany SS leader.
    It is also well documented that the SS were heavily involved in many mysterious occult practices.
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Heinrich Himmler, Reichführer SS visits Peenemünde . The man in the black SS uniform standing behind Himmler is Wernher von Braun. To the left of Himmler is Major General Walter Dornberger, commanding officer of the Peenemünde Rocket Facility.

In April 1943, Heinrich Himmler visited Peenemünde. Von Braun was REQUIRED to wear his uniform on that all important day. This is the ONLY photo of him in the death's head uniform. At that time, the dreaded Gestapo SS took over the facility. Wernher von Braun was promoted to Sturmbannfüehrer: the equivalent of Major in the U.S. Army. Most of these top Nazis were later brought to the U.S. They were intimately acquainted with the rockets of Dr. Robert Goddard.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And here they are again "out of uniform" lol........

I attempted to stress in my most recent book, NAZI INTERNATIONAL, that the postwar Nazis were not merely tiny enclaves of war criminals huddled, panic-stricken, together in tiny enclaves in Latin America and elsewhere.

They were, on the contrary, highly organized, well-funded, had their own intelligence and security apparatus, and most importantly, were conducting and continuing the lines of research they had begun during the war.
    Dr. Joseph P. Farrell

The title of this interview, Nazi International, refers to Joseph Farrell's latest book, in which he details - as do Camelot witnesses Jim Marrs and Peter Levenda, and many other researchers (including Jim Keith, who died in unusual circumstances and to whom we pay tribute here) - how the Nazis were experimenting with technology extremely advanced for their time, and how many Nazi scientists, evaluated as being valuable resources for post-war America, were repatriated to the US under Project Paperclip.

Quite a lot of em eh??

"ist good ya??"
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull