Thread: Bigsby'd....wiggle-n-whang

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Red face Bigsby'd....wiggle-n-whang

Put a Bigsby wiggle stick on my Esquire. I never liked 'em since I first saw them, but they seem to be everywhere...especially on the modders site. So I got one and so far I like it. I shaved the handle to make it skinnier, notched the bridge tray back edge, Some chemical aging and green paint detail. Dropped some oil on the saddles and nut and it returns to pitch fine...gonna get some grooved saddles next. It really is fun and kinda kool looking now I see it and use it...
    http://pics.montypics.com/butnut/200...6_0677_IMG.jpg

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bigsby'd....wiggle-n-whang

That thing looks like the vintage guitar you've never seen, because it was a custom for a 60's Country Artist. That's cool. It looks like a well used old hotrod. Once the Bigsby is dialed, you'll probably get use to the feel and like it a lot. :fing25:
    If you play guitar chest-high, you play from your heart.

If you play guitar waist-high, you play from your guts.

If you play guitar low, you play from your huevos.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How is tuning stability with these things? I'm often tempted to put one on my hollowbody so I can do Frisell kinda stuff, but for now I just have to push on my neck!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks. It does have a kool vibe to it. I blocked the trem on my Strat as it never went back to pitch, no issues with the Bigs. A lot of guys on the Modders site don't either. I was thinking locking tuners and a roller nut, but they said don't need 'em although locking tuners make string up easier...it's a total PITA to sting up, wish I had 3 hands. Gretsch really has a ton of models with the Bigsby, and seeing the issue of Jimmy Page and Joe Perry with both LP's sporting the Bigs kinda pushed me to thinking this has to be kinda kool. I'm trying to get some steel bendin' sounds...now to get my picking hand coordinated...