Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 202

Thread: Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

  1. #81
    Ultimate Tone Member MarcSchecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    @J Moose - STP

    Well I have heard plenty of great ones I cant repeat, it must be tough as hell being in that band that's all I can say.

    As for Robert, I can say without a doubt he has to be one of most talented and down to earth guys you could imagine. He is from NJ that has something to do with it!

    One day he just sat in my office on the couch playing acoustic while we talked back and forth, after 15 minutes or so I was thinking what is he playing? it sounded like the next STP hit, but he tells me was just noodling around and doesn't even know what he played!!

    I think I sat the next 20 minutes just as a fan listening to the amazing melodies and chords he played!
    Marc LaCorte - Vice President

  2. #82
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcSchecter View Post
    @J Moose - STP

    Well I have heard plenty of great ones I cant repeat, it must be tough as hell being in that band that's all I can say.

    As for Robert, I can say without a doubt he has to be one of most talented and down to earth guys you could imagine. He is from NJ that has something to do with it!

    One day he just sat in my office on the couch playing acoustic while we talked back and forth, after 15 minutes or so I was thinking what is he playing? it sounded like the next STP hit, but he tells me was just noodling around and doesn't even know what he played!!

    I think I sat the next 20 minutes just as a fan listening to the amazing melodies and chords he played!
    and he is a 'handsome gentleman'
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  3. #83
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MCschecterPres View Post
    and he is a 'handsome gentleman'
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  4. #84
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    ok ... since no one is asking Marc if he was THE Marc LaCorte in BILE ,.,.,, I am going to drop some pics of some interesting guitars over the past 10+ years...

    the TWIN TRIBAL (B to B Bari on top ,,, standard on bottom)
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  5. #85
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    TSH-1
    dual Seymour Duncan Designed dual-tube Lipsticks (voiced by Mr. Skopp) and a roatary 'schecter selector' switch

    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  6. #86
    Mojo's Minions JohnnyGuitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,530
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    22

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    1. I'm re-posting this one:
    I love your guitar designs. They have a lot of vintage, elegant features on them while still looking very welcoming to shredders. I would be very grateful if you could write a little bit about the process of designing a new guitar in your company.


    2. It's a little hard to ignore the whole relic/aged/distressed fashion going on right now in the guitar world. I've heard the opinions from a lot of players but I was always curios to know how guitar manufacturers regard it. For example, do you see it as a fad or something that is here to stay?



    Also, I'd love to see a production line swamp ash PT model with a SC sized bridge pickup... just saying...



    Thank you for your time here!
    Last edited by JohnnyGuitar; 09-29-2009 at 01:40 PM.

  7. #87
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    I will ask myself this question.

    "What is the guitar you had to ask yourself "what was I thinking' after putting it into production??

    Answer:

    B2-STEALTH

    Last edited by MCschecterPres; 09-29-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  8. #88
    Mojo's Minions KeeperOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,278
    Likes (Given)
    23
    Likes (Received)
    86

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    First of all hello and thank you for doing this!
    Like I said my very first contact with Schecter was in '06-'07 I think when I played an Omen 6 FR which completely annihilated an Ibby and a Jackson there only to find out that it cost HALF what either one did! However the guitar that stole my heart was the C-1 Hellraiser FR.

    And here comes the question. I ALWAYS liked pretty much everything about the Hellraiser BUT the fact that it had actives. I cannot for the life of me mesh with how disconnected they are to the guitar's acoustic tone. What made it even worse was that I had found not one but two with exceptional acoustic properties none of which were getting through the amp.

    This is sth I've also noticed with ESP too. How come there are no (or real few) high-end FR models with passives and it's EITHER hardtail passives OR FR with actives?

    Also, I've REALLY liked the Stiletto and the Sunset models. Are there any plans on expanding with the first and/or introducing on a more regular basis the second?

    Again thank you for doing this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay View Post
    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by That90'sGuy View Post
    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

  9. #89
    Mojo's Minions dd12939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,446
    Likes (Given)
    95
    Likes (Received)
    92

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MCschecterPres View Post
    TSH-1
    dual Seymour Duncan Designed dual-tube Lipsticks (voiced by Mr. Skopp) and a roatary 'schecter selector' switch

    Wasn't there a 12-String version of this? I feel like i fell in love with a gold-top 12-string like that a long time ago.

  10. #90
    Ultimate Tone Member MarcSchecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    @JohnnyGuitar

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGuitar View Post
    1. I'm re-posting this one:
    I love your guitar designs. They have a lot of vintage, elegant features on them while still looking very welcoming to shredders. I would be very grateful if you could write a little bit about the process of designing a new guitar in your company.

    Guitar building is not as easy as it may seem. In my opinion there some sorry looking guitars floating around out there. I know its tough to please everyone but we try to make something that is balanced. Schecter has lots of original shapes that have taken years to build a solid fanbase with so we usually start there. We listen to players and most importantly our artists and try to add the features they need along with predicting trends.

    Sometimes you hit a brick wall because things have been done. Think of that time you think you wrote the best song ever then realized 2 days later you ripped off the Rolling Stones.

    So we look at what may be missing in our line and then try to expand on it from the guitar shapes we already have or something new.


    2. It's a little hard to ignore the whole relic/aged/distressed fashion going on right now in the guitar world. I've heard the opinions from a lot of players but I was always curios to know how guitar manufacturers regard it. For example, do you see it as a fad or something that is here to stay?

    Fad, yes. I love Fender I do but when you have to sell the same thing over and over I can understand why it must be tough. They are limited to what they can do before people say, "Hey thats really weird why would Fender do that?" Things that Schecter can just get away with. Plus its a nice way to move damaged or 2nd inventory, just a guess!

    and lastly why buy a "new" relic when you can go buy a real one for a around the same price.. seemed odd to me especially right now with so many people selling guitars cause they need some cash. just a random thought.



    Also, I'd love to see a swamp ash PT model with a SC sized bridge pickup... just saying...

    Our Custom shop can start on it tomorrow for you, just call your local dealer!
    Seriously, we'll keep it in mind!!



    Thank you for your time here!
    Marc LaCorte - Vice President

  11. #91
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOS View Post
    First of all hello and thank you for doing this!
    Like I said my very first contact with Schecter was in '06-'07 I think when I played an Omen 6 FR which completely annihilated an Ibby and a Jackson there only to find out that it cost HALF what either one did! However the guitar that stole my heart was the C-1 Hellraiser FR.

    And here comes the question. I ALWAYS liked pretty much everything about the Hellraiser BUT the fact that it had actives. I cannot for the life of me mesh with how disconnected they are to the guitar's acoustic tone. What made it even worse was that I had found not one but two with exceptional acoustic properties none of which were getting through the amp.

    This is sth I've also noticed with ESP too. How come there are no (or real few) high-end FR models with passives and it's EITHER hardtail passives OR FR with actives?

    Also, I've REALLY liked the Stiletto and the Sunset models. Are there any plans on expanding with the first and/or introducing on a more regular basis the second?

    Again thank you for doing this!
    we have always offered the SEYMOUR DUNCAN JB/'59 loaded BLACKJACK C-1 FR ... set neck, original FR, etc.. GREAT GUITAR!

    I know the 'card' inlay is not for everyone ... so it will be redisigned and avail JAN 2010 as the C-1 FR Standard and C-1 FR Custom.

    You may also be able to find a 'dot inlay' 2008 version too.

    Here is the 2009 version:
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  12. #92
    Ultimate Tone Member MarcSchecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by dd12939 View Post
    Wasn't there a 12-String version of this? I feel like i fell in love with a gold-top 12-string like that a long time ago.
    12 yes but not in gold, that I recall..

    I think i have seen tooooo many guitars in my life
    Marc LaCorte - Vice President

  13. #93
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by dd12939 View Post
    Wasn't there a 12-String version of this? I feel like i fell in love with a gold-top 12-string like that a long time ago.
    yes.. we did offer the TSH-12.

    Here is our current electic 12... the Stargazer-12

    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  14. #94
    High Voltologist Wattage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rocky Point, NY
    Posts
    11,199
    Likes (Given)
    56
    Likes (Received)
    251

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    No question really just wanted to comment on the best bass I ever owned.

    I had a mid-80's Schecter Tele bass with a P/J setup I bought new in '85 or so I guess. That bass was unreal, a piano-like tone that was enormous! I stopped playing bass and switched to guitar f/t and sold it many years ago when things were tight, I miss it all the time. The stupid things you do to survive.....

    Like those Ultra's btw - you need one with some SD Mini-hums in it, real vintage looking would be fine.

  15. #95
    Mojo's Minions J Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC metro/USA
    Posts
    5,245
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    I know ya'll got some pictures of the ultra crazy custom shop stuff...
    J. 'Moose' Kahrs
    mixer|producer|recordist
    mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

    Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

  16. #96
    Ultimate Tone Slacker devastone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Longmont, CO, USA
    Posts
    1,945
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MCschecterPres View Post
    1- I personally favor a bigger neck. I think you will find the necks on our Diamond Series PT and PT Fastback (which is a GREAT guitar for those of you who have not seen or played.... maybe I can figure out how to post a pic!!)
    to be pretty faithful to the 80s era PTs
    I have a Diamond Series PT and it definitely doesn't have a shredder neck, great guitar, especially for the deal Jason at DCGL sold it to me for.

    I also used to own a Stilleto Studio bass, great sounding and playing bass, wish I still had it but I sold it to buy a 5 string (shoulda got a Stilleto 5).

    I understand that the manufacturing of some or all of the Diamond Series is now moving away from Korea to China(?) or Indonesia(?). Is Korea becoming the "new Japan"? The quality of new guitars coming from Korea is definitely "up there" now.
    Last edited by devastone; 09-29-2009 at 02:06 PM.

  17. #97
    Mojo's Minions dominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,630
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    952

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MCschecterPres View Post
    ok ... since no one is asking Marc if he was THE Marc LaCorte in BILE
    One of the 5 string guitar endorsees, right?
    "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Isaiah 13:16

    "Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18


    Want to trade? You go first. I've got over 11,000 feedback as a seller on eBay.

  18. #98
    Ultimate Tone Member MarcSchecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    @devastone

    You are quite Correct the Korean stuff has really gotten good, I wouldn't say on par with Japan but for the price, its well worth it. China and Indonesia will for better or worse play bigger roles in the industry and there are some great places making guitars. It will only get better with time.
    Marc LaCorte - Vice President

  19. #99
    HomeGrownToneBrewologist Rich_S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Potsdam, NY
    Age
    55
    Posts
    7,149
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    190

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    I'll have to check out the Diamond and Fastback. I felt the goldtop's neck was fairly shredder-y when I bought it, but it ended up with the Fender neck so as to approximate Townsend's "Live Aid" goldtop. (Heads out door to see if local dealer Northern Music has any PTs in stock.)
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens


    "I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

  20. #100
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    another cool 'gem' ... less than 10 of these made ... custom shop only
    Hellcat-X (orginally the Spitfire-10) ....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •