Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 202

Thread: Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

  1. #161
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    just found this interesting site with LOTs of Pete talk about his guitars ... more than I ever knew!!

    http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/schecter.htm


    and just to clarify... when they refer to a "Griffin-built Schecter' ... is that Roger Griffin assembled the guitars in the UK from Schecter parts... much the same way Rudy's Music on 48th St. did with Pete's first.
    Last edited by MCschecterPres; 09-29-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  2. #162
    Butterball speed2dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MCschecterPres View Post
    I will ask myself this question.

    "What is the guitar you had to ask yourself "what was I thinking' after putting it into production??

    Answer:

    B2-STEALTH

    Why is this guitar the one where you would have to ask yourself why you put it into production? Did it just have poor sales or do you personally not like the aesthetics of the guitar? It's not quite there for me, but could be with a few refinements. I do appreciate the "daring to be different" from every other V. That's one body style that needs a makeover, in my opinion. Yes, there are small differences that others (Dean & Jackson) have done to the classic shape, but more can be done overall.

  3. #163
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by speed2dirt View Post
    Why is this guitar the one where you would have to ask yourself why you put it into production? Did it just have poor sales or do you personally not like the aesthetics of the guitar? It's not quite there for me, but could be with a few refinements. I do appreciate the "daring to be different" from every other V. That's one body style that needs a makeover, in my opinion. Yes, there are small differences that others (Dean & Jackson) have done to the classic shape, but more can be done overall.

    all of the above!!
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  4. #164
    DLT
    Guest

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    MCschecterPres,
    Have you ever heard of (Del) Langejans Handmade Acoustic Guitars built in Holland, Michigan? If so, what do you think of the craftsmanship and tone of Del's guitars?

  5. #165
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    MCschecterPres,
    Have you ever heard of (Del) Langejans Handmade Acoustic Guitars built in Holland, Michigan? If so, what do you think of the craftsmanship and tone of Del's guitars?
    can't say I have... as we only 'dabble' in acoustics, but I will google him and look at his site.

    thanks!
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  6. #166
    Tommyologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    12,086
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MCschecterPres View Post
    the Hard Rock Chain now has that Gold one...

  7. #167
    Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,998
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    266

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    oh crap, i forgot this was today. looks like its still going on though, so...

    billy corgan played a C-1 on the last smashing pumpkins tour (picture below); was there any relationship with schecter on this or did he just walk into a guitar store and buy it or something non-official like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

  8. #168
    Mojo's Minions KeeperOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,236
    Likes (Given)
    21
    Likes (Received)
    75

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MCschecterPres View Post
    I will ask myself this question.

    "What is the guitar you had to ask yourself "what was I thinking' after putting it into production??

    Answer:

    B2-STEALTH

    THAT's your greatest regret?

    Man you are a perfectionist

    I agree, while it could have been better/more refined it isn't bad, not by my standards.

    The reversed V, now THAT was BAD
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay View Post
    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by That90'sGuy View Post
    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

  9. #169
    Tommyologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    12,086
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MCschecterPres View Post
    just found this interesting site with LOTs of Pete talk about his guitars ... more than I ever knew!!

    http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/schecter.htm


    and just to clarify... when they refer to a "Griffin-built Schecter' ... is that Roger Griffin assembled the guitars in the UK from Schecter parts... much the same way Rudy's Music on 48th St. did with Pete's first.
    i've been visiting that Who site for a long time now... it is good!

    ya i've emailed Roger Griffin a few times... he said they were just parts he bought and threw together... some he stuck his name on the headstock... most of the ones that said Griffin on the headstock were double bound bodies and easy to spot... Pete smashed a few of the Griffin badged ones in 1980/81...

    www.rockstarsguitars.com has a few of Pete's Shecters up for auction

  10. #170
    Ultimate Tone Member MarcSchecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Yeah non official but he got it from us!
    Its Actually a BlackJack C-1 EX Baritone with JB/59 SD setup
    Marc LaCorte - Vice President

  11. #171
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Got_tone?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft. Stewart, GA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,127
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MCschecterPres View Post
    After seeing the band play at our '08 Winter NAMM show concert ... I was sold. Probably one of the most enteraining bands I have ever seen live
    Yeah, they always put on a good show. Thanks for the answer.

  12. #172
    Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,998
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    266

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcSchecter View Post
    Yeah non official but he got it from us!
    Its Actually a BlackJack C-1 EX Baritone with JB/59 SD setup
    baritone? did not know that, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

  13. #173
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by ex-250 View Post
    baritone? did not know that, thanks!
    He also got a USA built Tempest from a dealer (Beautiful Music) in Downer's Grove, IL too ....

    not sure how or why I remember all of this ****!
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  14. #174
    Ultimate Tone Slacker elscorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,054
    Likes (Given)
    22
    Likes (Received)
    36

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    I've only seen bolt on USA Tempests lately, are U still doing them in the US w/ set necks?

  15. #175
    Ultimate Tone Member MarcSchecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Most of the Production on USA Tempests were in fact bolt on only the more exotic variations were set neck.
    Marc LaCorte - Vice President

  16. #176
    Super Toneologist blindedbysilence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Why so serious?
    Posts
    1,469
    Likes (Given)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    22

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Do you guys have any plans to release the Avenger with a Floyd? Other than the Syn sigs that is.
    Hard Rock - gain on 5 - singing about good times.

    Heavy Metal - gain on 10 - screaming about something.

    ---Gearjoneser
    he was trying to convince her to swing.

    That's like taking a Ferrari to a mud bog.--Ginormous

  17. #177
    Ultimate Tone Member MarcSchecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by blindedbysilence View Post
    Do you guys have any plans to release the Avenger with a Floyd? Other than the Syn sigs that is.
    Ask and you shall receive

    We are offering a Limited Edition Avenger Hellraiser with FR as we speak!

    check with you local dealer!
    Marc LaCorte - Vice President

  18. #178
    Ultimate Tone Member MCschecterPres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    66
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcSchecter View Post
    Ask and you shall receive

    We are offering a Limited Edition Avenger Hellraiser with FR as we speak!

    check with you local dealer!
    we made 50 of world-wide.

    Drum City Guitarland has them ... as usual!

    http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/dr...P2698C286.aspx
    Last edited by MCschecterPres; 09-29-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

  19. #179
    Super Toneologist blindedbysilence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Why so serious?
    Posts
    1,469
    Likes (Given)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    22

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Thanks for the heads up! I've been wanting one for a while.
    Hard Rock - gain on 5 - singing about good times.

    Heavy Metal - gain on 10 - screaming about something.

    ---Gearjoneser
    he was trying to convince her to swing.

    That's like taking a Ferrari to a mud bog.--Ginormous

  20. #180
    Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,998
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    266

    Default Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

    Quote Originally Posted by MCschecterPres View Post
    He also got a USA built Tempest from a dealer (Beautiful Music) in Downer's Grove, IL too ....

    not sure how or why I remember all of this ****!

    ah cool, i look forward to seeing that one. remember what it looks like? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •