Thread: newb & pickup q's

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default newb & pickup q's

Hey SD newb here. Been playing shred, rock, metal for a long time. I'm a gear whore so lots of amp, pickup, guitar experience. I got two new trembuckers in a trade and was thinking of putting them into a les paul or strat. One custom custom and a full shred.

I know both make great bridge pups, but not sure which is best in neck position. Suggestions? I'm thinking full shred but wondering if it's too much output for the neck. How well does it respond to pickup height adjustments?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: newb & pickup q's

Both pickups have about the same output. Put the Custom Custom into the bridge, and sell the Full Shred and get something a little lighter for the neck.. 59, maybe a Pearly Gates.
    "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Isaiah 13:16

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18

Want to trade? You go first. I've got over 11,000 feedback as a seller on eBay.

Super Toneologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: newb & pickup q's

Full Shred is great in a short scale mahogany axe. CC might get muddy.