Thread: STC 3A problem!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default STC 3A problem!!

hello my friends.........i have a problem and im a bit confused now this is my problem

im in mexico i bought through a friend in the US a STC 3A circuit, and a SJ5-3 pickup(he got the parts online then send them to me), i had alredy bought a SMB 5D pickup, i did the wiring, but im not getting a good sound it sounds terrible, i search the net and someone said, that i have passive pickups on an active circuit is this true?

i know SD has a warranty, but it has been more than 2 months since i bought the parts.

And again online someone told me that i just need to change the 100k blend of the STC 3A for a 250K blend....can i do this??? i have not change the blend beacuse i cant find a 250k here in mexico.

the only one i found is a 500k blend in case that the only thing that i need to do is change the blend could put in a 500k blend instead of the 250K? i dont know what to do, i hope you understand what ive said if you can helped me please, i just want my bass to sound good.

im an not an expert on this, this is the first time i have done this...........and where im living, the part of mexico were i am. i have not found a person that knows about this...........they dont have a clue of what im talking about when i ask them, so thats why i looking by myself thank you!

Adios Amigos!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: STC 3A problem!!

Welcome to the forum.

Your problem is that the pot values are incorrect for your pickup(s). You should have purchased the STC-3P.

If possible, return the STC-3A to the dealer and ask to exchange it for an STC-3P. If this is not possible, you will need to obtain 250k pots to replace the 25k ones originally supplied.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Funkfingers View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Your problem is that the pot values are incorrect for your pickup(s). You should have purchased the STC-3P.

If possible, return the STC-3A to the dealer and ask to exchange it for an STC-3P. If this is not possible, you will need to obtain 250k pots to replace the 25k ones originally supplied.

Funkyfingers.......you mean i have to change more than just the blend pot??? theres no 25k pot in the STC 3A it has a

push/pull master volume 10k

mid-range 100k

concentric bass/treble 100k

do i really need to replace them all?

i will try the dealer see what happens thank you

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasteddie View Post
    I have a blend pot at home, barely used. I will check it's value with an ohm meter. I may not need it any longer...so if you really can't get one, I'd be willing to send mine to you...that is if it is indeed a 250K that you need.
    thank you!........i think your the same guy that help me in basstalk.....dont know if you remember, ive tried to reach SD but no awnser yet and i cant find the 250k blend.

i dont think i have any warranty with SD or the dealer it was on october when i got de STC 3A circuit. i will give it a shot see if they can help me

thank you for all your help i will let you know anything that happens

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Affirmative. If you check the installation instructions, roughly three quarters of the way down the first side, it states one set of pot values for active PUs (the STC-3A) and another set of pot values for passive PUs (the STC-3P). This is the only real difference between the two circuits.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lobokavir View Post
    thank you!........i think your the same guy that help me in basstalk.....dont know if you remember, ive tried to reach SD but no awnser yet and i cant find the 250k blend.

i dont think i have any warranty with SD or the dealer it was on october when i got de STC 3A circuit. i will give it a shot see if they can help me

thank you for all your help i will let you know anything that happens
    it seems to be a 100K blend pot...same as what you have.

Oh, well.

But yes, I am that same guy from TB. Have you tried the store in the link I posted, to see if they'd ship a $6 part to Mexico?