Thread: 69 strat

Tommyologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 69 strat

I've been wanting a Custom Shop 69 strat to go with my 66 CS Strat... so i've been eyeing websites... local Toronto store has a real 69 in... it's pretty much in perfect shape except the top body finnish has been faded by sun light... It's candy red too!!!! shame

it's under the Vintage/Used section at www.12fret.com

Tommyologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 69 strat

direct photo link

www.12fret.com/used/Fender_Strat_69_Red_(C).jpg

it looks like metallic Orange...

Ultimate Tone Slacker firebirdV's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is a beautiful looking guitar. Red (tomato and candy apple) is my favorite fender color.

Fuzzy. Guitars the guy who invented fire's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thats a beautiful example of a faded ACR finish and a perfect example of what it looked like before the fade!!!

Nice axe but not for nearly 16k...I'd get a half a dozen or more CS pieces for that kind of scratch...
    Proudly Klon free!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't like the collor at all

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Aren't those slim tapered necks? Make sure you like that profile first.
    If you play guitar chest-high, you play from your heart.

If you play guitar waist-high, you play from your guts.

If you play guitar low, you play from your huevos.

Tommyologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    Thats a beautiful example of a faded ACR finish and a perfect example of what it looked like before the fade!!!

Nice axe but not for nearly 16k...I'd get a half a dozen or more CS pieces for that kind of scratch...
    ya it's a nice axe... and ya i'd never spend more then $3000 on any guitar... maybe the only 2 guitars i would spend more then $3000 on is a J-200 or a 59 reissue Les Paul...

ya i've been looking for a 69 Custom Shop... just looking more then anything as i really want to buy a new acoustic before another strat... This shop had a nice 1966 Relic CS Strat in White before Xmas that i was so tempted to buy... it was $1999..... also for the same money they had a CS version of the Clapton strat in Blue that was nice...

but since i own a 66 Closet Classic i'm kind of set for strats right now... but i bet i break down and get one more

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Aren't those slim tapered necks? Make sure you like that profile first.
    Original ones, like that from the late 60's...just like early 60's and 50's for that matter are all over the map!
    Proudly Klon free!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by WhoFan View Post
    ya it's a nice axe... and ya i'd never spend more then $3000 on any guitar... maybe the only 2 guitars i would spend more then $3000 on is a J-200 or a 59 reissue Les Paul...

ya i've been looking for a 69 Custom Shop... just looking more then anything as i really want to buy a new acoustic before another strat... This shop had a nice 1966 Relic CS Strat in White before Xmas that i was so tempted to buy... it was $1999..... also for the same money they had a CS version of the Clapton strat in Blue that was nice...

but since i own a 66 Closet Classic i'm kind of set for strats right now... but i bet i break down and get one more
    I hear ya...2 or 3k is hard to swallow but it's sure easier than 15 or 16k!

Truth is the CS is putting out some fantastic guitars that IMHO really come close to vintage stuff these days!
    Proudly Klon free!

Tommyologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    I hear ya...2 or 3k is hard to swallow but it's sure easier than 15 or 16k!

Truth is the CS is putting out some fantastic guitars that IMHO really come close to vintage stuff these days!
    ya i love some of the Custom Shop stuff... i've been seeing some good deals on that stuff lately... a NOS 1960 CS Strat was making me reach for my wallet but i backed out before i spent the money... truth is i'm more of a Modern Strat and Tele fan more then a vintage purist... i use a late 80's American Standard and a bunch of MIM strats more often then anything else i own... i like flatter radius's and larger frets... i like more modern bridges for the most part... but i also love taking a truer vintage spec axe out for a spin

i've also been eyeing the American Deluxe strats... love the necks on those... i'd change the PU's myself but other then that they are nice by me...