This is a rough sketch of my next project guitar. I am looking to get it started in a month here or so. Here are some details on what I am looking to do with it:
- The headstock will be changed to a paddle/story-book style headstock
- Neck-through guitar
- quilted maple body (edges around the neck piece)
- Top 1/3 or the body will be routed out and an F-hole will be added to give it some semi-hollow abilities
- Neck pickup: Danelectro style lipstick SLD-1
- Bridge pickup: SD phat cat SPH90-1
- The bridge pickup will be split coil with push/pull arrangement so I can go between two single coil sound, and single-HB sound
- Still can't decide if I will do V/T for both pickups, or just T/T/V
- TOM bridge
- Tailpiece ?? (still debating between a Bigsby trem bar or a Trapeze style tailpiece)
- It will be finished in a cherry finish
Any thoughts? Opinions? Concerns? Also... I can't figure out a name for it, so if you think you have a good name, throw it out there.
Thanks for looking!