Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever Take A Drink Of Liqour First Thing In The Morning And It Come Back Up?

Lucidfer, Lord of Darkness Lucid_Lunatic's Avatar
    Putting the "FUN" in functional alcoholic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Ever Take A Drink Of Liqour First Thing In The Morning And It Come Back Up?

I hate that sh!t. I don't know if my stomach is just trying to reject it or what, but at least 3 out of 7 days a week when I take a shot, (I should probablly add, that my shots are just turning up the bottle and knocking a couple of silver dollar sized bubbles in it) it comes right back up within' 60 seconds. Doesn't make me sick, just feels like I'm belching. I don't drink liqour through the day, just a few drinks in the morning to kind of get me started because it was taking too long for beer.

My buddy said it would help if I ate first, but that's just out of the question. I honestly can't remember the last time I ate through the day. I always wait til the evening beofre I eat anything, usually when I'm done for the day. If I eat, the booze never makes me feel right. I end up drinking and drinking until I'm just full and sick.

John Mayer's Mankini ImmortalSix's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ever Take A Drink Of Liqour First Thing In The Morning And It Come Back Up?

I don't know if you want help or not, but I have to assume that you know that this reaction, biologically speaking, is your body's way of saying "F THAT!"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ever Take A Drink Of Liqour First Thing In The Morning And It Come Back Up?

that doesnt sound good. you should probably put something in your belly before booze. suck down one of your natty lights then hit the bottle.

really you should eat a healthy well balanced breakfast and not start your day with liquor but you know that already and i aint your momma

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I start my day with some strong coffee and a Clif bar most days. Vitamins and some caffeine to get me going, and I save the drinking for the evening. I usually only have one at home. I'll drink more when I am hanging out with friends, but I just can't do it in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Reminds me of an old joke. Man walks in to the doctor's office and says, "Doc, every time I stand on my left foot and put my head back and close one eye and hold my breath while clenching my abdominal muscles I get this really sharp pain that shoots through my whole body. What should I do?"

The doc replies, "Don't do that."

TrippyVinylologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My stepfather was an alcoholic, 6 beers by noon then a quart of vodka for the rest of the day. He was dead by 52, after two heart attacks, he also smoked a lot. That's your future if you keep keepin on - better get done what you want now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you don't wanna hear "quit drinking that much, man", I have nothing to contribute here... Hope you'll get it sorted for the benefit of yourself anyway.

edit: seriously, have you gotten a check on your liver or something?
    Last edited by Tor; 04-21-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm just waiting for the day when you turn into a health freak.
    👣
    👣
    💀

Her Little Mojo Minion DankStar's Avatar
    Pull my finger and the Toothless One will tell you
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

don't drink until afternoon when you've had 2 squares in ya. problem solved.

Lovely BIG Starologist bluesbend's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's some serious sh!t man.
    Things won't be the same around here without you Lucid.
    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbend View Post
    Things won't be the same around here without you Lucid.
    Well, it's either Lucid Lunatic or Sober Lunatic. Take your pick.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can you really call yourself "Lucid" if yer' all liquored up all the time?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It means I'm not buying your mental illness/can't work for an entire adult lifetime, but have no problem fishing story.
    hahaha

It also means I want all the money I sent the IRS back.
    If you play guitar chest-high, you play from your heart.

If you play guitar waist-high, you play from your guts.

If you play guitar low, you play from your huevos.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No. However I did do a shot of some Johnny Walker first thing in the morning once, and felt something odd. I felt this weird chill sensation, as the drink went down my throat and into my body. i felt when it went down, and eventually rested in my stomach. hasn't happened since though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
    It's a federal crime to transport A Minor across state lines for purposes of blues.

http://www.facebook.com/gegjm

Mo Cow Bellologist texasguitarslinger's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You're not long for this world...
    ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

that tends to happen with me just doing shots at anytime lately. from puking too much as a young'un, ****ed up my gag reflex. well...from puking and then swallowing it back down because i didnt wanna **** up a friend of mine's room. thats the time that really messed everything up. ah to be young again. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post

It also means I want all the money I sent the IRS back.
    I actually paid in almost as much in taxes for last year since I've been working as I had drawn in 6 years while doctors wouldn't release me to work. (That's county sales, state and federal combined, not just IRS) I'm not complaining a bit. When I needed it, it was there, now it's my turn to pay it back.
    Last edited by Lucid_Lunatic; 04-21-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
    He was dead by 52, after two heart attacks, he also smoked a lot. That's your future if you keep keepin on - better get done what you want now.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasguitarslinger View Post
    You're not long for this world...
    I wouldn't say that. I'm here how ever long I'm gonna be here. As for family history, my grandpa drank more than I ever thought about and smoked just as much as I do. He died a couple years ago 3 weeks short of his 94th birthday.

TrippyVinylologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As for family history, my grandpa drank more than I ever thought about and smoked just as much as I do. He died a couple years ago 3 weeks short of his 94th birthday.
    Russian Roulette. My best friend just got done with throat cancer treatment from smoking and drinking. He was 52 also. He lost his saliva glands from the radiation treatment, he has to chew special gum and bring water everywhere he goes, he also is extremely limited to what he can eat.

Maybe you'll be lucky and either die quickly or live to be your grandfathers age. Maybe not...

You know the risks.

I still smoke a bit and have battled addictions. I know the drill.
    Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 04-21-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wouldn't take the chance continuing on drinking that way. Trade your drinks in for Whey Protein shakes.