Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seymours for a Les Paul Standard (Premium Plus)

I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Seymours for a Les Paul Standard (Premium Plus)

well - I don't know where you are currently thinking, but the PG will be just what the doctor ordered for the neck.

I think it should be the stock neck pup in an LP, personally. The bridge will be a tougher call.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon the art guy View Post
    Aceman, your advice was a rich tapestry of hard-fought research, blood, sweat and tears and the homespun wisdom we've all learned to expect and relish from our itinerant face-painted lunatic. I would like to award you a internet trophy for "best comment on a proco rat discussion". Let it be written in the annals of history; Aceman sure as heck helped.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Seymours for a Les Paul Standard (Premium Plus)

Yes, the PG sounds like a very good neck pickup for a Les Paul. From the audio examples on the site here, I get the impression it is clearer with more cut.

Any ideas for the Bridge? I'm tempted to try a Custom Custom but I am also wondering if the Custom 5 will sound far less muddy in my Les Paul than it did in my Godin. If that was the case, it would be a good pickup with its incredible balls. I'm also considering the '59 / custom custom hybrid talked about in that one stickied thread . . .