Thread: USB recoding interface: UX1, UX2 or else?

Hybrid View

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default USB recoding interface: UX1, UX2 or else?

I need a recording interface for my laptop. I used to have a UX1 and was satisfied, though I didn't use it very extensively.

I want to go back to recording more seriously, so I need a new unit. Is UX1/UX2 the way to go? I can also buy a multi-effect with an integrated interface, like the Digitech RP units or the new Boss GT-10 but this is a pricier option... is there any orther brand at about the same price range as the UX1/2 I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional • 57 Classic +/57 Classic
    Norman Folk Acoustic Guitar
    Blackheart Little Giant

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: USB recoding interface: UX1, UX2 or else?

Are you doing just guitar or guitar and vocals? If just guitar, the Vox Tonelab sounds better than the Line 6 models.
    "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Isaiah 13:16

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18

Want to trade? You go first. I've got over 11,000 feedback as a seller on eBay.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, I'm not really a singer, but I like the fact the UX1 can do guitar, bass and vocals...

I'm thinking UX1 cause I can use it to mic my Marshall tube amp with a SM57.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional • 57 Classic +/57 Classic
    Norman Folk Acoustic Guitar
    Blackheart Little Giant

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only thing I've learned about not using software exclusively is that the take AND the tone have to be spot on if you're getting the tone from the amp. I find that to be the most difficult problem. If you're taking a completely dry signal into the recording interface, you can tweak that to your heart's content later, this time without worrying about how well it's being played. Doing those simultaneously has been pretty frustrating to me.

P.S. I picked up the UX2, and it seems to do the job fairly well. That being said, I don't have much experience with anything else.