Thread: Seymour addition

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Seymour addition

Have a question,searched the forums before this and did not find what I was looking for,and did not try to hard. SOOOOO I am adding a seymour single alnico pro in the neck position on my strat,already have texas specials(not real pleased) and want to add this for now,if I like it(I am sure I will) I will finish with the rest. The question is: Do I have to reverse the wires due to polarity of the magnets for it to sound correct with the fender dealios? Thanks for any input,and excuse my ignorance I am learning a lot these days by doing it myself.

Skaforlifeologist super rad stuff's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Seymour addition

yes, that's correct. fender pickups and duncan pickups have opposite phase, so you're right in thinking it needs to be wired in reverse.
    Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
    ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

ObsoleteChickenPickingologist Butch Snyder's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A couple of questions - Do you have Texas Specials in all three positions of your Strat? If so, lowering them a bit will help with the tone. I've seen players have them flush with the pickguard before. That said, if you're going to mix an APS-1/2 in with Texas Specials, you may not like what you hear. They are worlds apart from each other where tone and output are concerned. Who knows though, you might like it. Good luck....
    -Butch
    The Original SDUGF Teledude is back.....

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Smile Re: Seymour addition

I appreciate the information,I was going to install it today. I have another question, what if I reverse the fender pickups,will that change so that they could work together?

I am not very pleased with the fenders at all,I have a friend with a srv sig strat,I have mimmicked this thing everywhere( it is a mex strat alder wood as well,maple neck 50's re issue) and it is totally different,I have tried caps,tbx control,cts pots,so now I am going to try these pick ups,I have the staggered pole neck pup, I will probably get the others, is it that drastic change if you use the flat poles with the staggered? I might hold off and get the others first and shield the whole thing,I only have a sheild at the controls. I greatly appreciate your guys input,I haven't been able to get much at other sites,this one seems to be full of diy guys that share a lot if info. Thanks!!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Leave plenty of black and white conductor cable on the SD pickup. This way, you can always make it connect to the controls, whichever polarity it needs to be.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.
    Esperanza Spalding - "You have to have something to say; chops don't matter. If you have nothing to say on your instrument, I'll just go home and listen to albums with people better than you."