Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    When I first saw the pickup on Dimarzio's webpage, I had to look him up to see who he was.

Yeah, I didn't care for his band back when I was 11 either. Great pickup though.
    Eh, screw his old band. I don't even remember who they were.

I'm talking about his new music - the solo instrumental stuff he's doing now with his new band. It's as good as anything Satch or Vai have done in a decade.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my band:

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

Quote Originally Posted by grumptruck View Post
    Who's death affected you more? Dimebag or Dio?
    Dimebag. Wasn't really that much of a fan of Damageplan, but I did like Pantera quite a bit back in High School, and met them my junior year. I did have Last In Line on tape when I was in grade school (bought it in 6th or 7th grade), but just didn't care for it. (I think the album cover made it look heavier than it would be. ) I always thought of Ozzy as Black Sabbath's singer. Face it, Dio sang on two studio albums, and was a member for about 3 or 4 years. Ozzy was with them for 10 years, and sang on their best albums.

When I was 5, my parents gave me their record player and record collection, I spent the most time listening to Aerosmith (Get Your Wings), Alice Cooper (Welcome To My Nightmare), and Black Sabbath (Paranoid and Master Of Reality). Also had a 45 of Queen's Another One Bites The Dust/Don't Try Suicide that I listened to constantly. In any case, I had a lot more exposure to Ozzy-era Sabbath, and still prefer it. I will say that Dio was their second best singer, and I still have plenty of respect for him.

Also, we knew Dio was sick, and it could happen. Dimebag was murdered in his prime. I think that we were more prepared for Dio to go. When I read the news article about Dimebag's murder online, I was in shock for the rest of the day.

Top ten forum members you'd have a pizza with?
    Won't name any names, but I'd pick the open-minded ones and my fellow refinishers.

Favorite metal bands?
    Way too many to list.

I like most of the US and German speed metal bands from the 80s, well produced symphonic black metal, and death metal where you can make out at least 75% of the lyrics on the second listen.

Favorite Dimarzio pickup by output (low, medium, High) and why?
    Why? For the tone.

Paf Pro, Steve Morse Bridge, D-Sonic.

Favorite SD pickup by output (low, medium, High) and why?
    Why? For the tone.

Pearly Gates, Full Shred, Custom/Custom 8.
    "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Isaiah 13:16

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18

Want to trade? You go first. I've got over 11,000 feedback as a seller on eBay.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sosomething View Post
    Eh, screw his old band. I don't even remember who they were.

I'm talking about his new music - the solo instrumental stuff he's doing now with his new band. It's as good as anything Satch or Vai have done in a decade.
    Danger Danger. One of the lesser known hair metal bands.

I'm not really into the instrumentalist stuff. Give me some heavy rhythms, quick drums, angry vocals.. save the Satch and Vai stuff for a 20 second lead break.
    "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Isaiah 13:16

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Danger Danger. One of the lesser known hair metal bands.

I'm not really into the instrumentalist stuff. Give me some heavy rhythms, quick drums, angry vocals.. save the Satch and Vai stuff for a 20 second lead break.
    Remove the vocals and you just described my band.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my band:

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why do you hate maple necks?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera View Post
    Why do you hate maple necks?
    Honestly, I don't like the light color. I tried staining one with ebony stain, didn't come out that nice.

BrandNewGlossologist Diocletian's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What do you do when you need that classic Dave Murray solo tone?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    What do you do when you need that classic Dave Murray solo tone?
    Well, so far I haven't.

Ultimate Tone Slacker ParameterMan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Though your refinishing prowess is impressive, I will not fall to my knees and bow. What are you going to do about it?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Favourite band outside of metal?

Favourite book?

Name one influence on how you lead your life.

Coke or Pepsi?

Is the future really Orange?

What one country would you love to visit? Is it the same one you would choose to live in if you were banished from the States?

What is your favourite album artwork?
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ParameterMan View Post
    Though your refinishing prowess is impressive, I will not fall to my knees and bow. What are you going to do about it?
    I would just ask what clever pun you'd come up with based on my name and reputation.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    Favourite band outside of metal?
    There's other music out there? Outside of a few Danny Elfman and John Williams movie soundtracks, I don't have any other non-metal CDs.

Favourite book?
    Toss-up between Stephen King's The Stand and Christopher Hitchens' The Trial Of Henry Kissinger. The former being an in depth story of a madman intent on ruling the world after it's severe depopulation. The latter being an in depth story of a madman intent on severely depopulating the world.

Name one influence on how you lead your life.
    I don't think I have any single influence, but I think one of the most recognizable ones would be The Dude Lebowski. I just want to relax and enjoy life without too many complications.

Coke or Pepsi?
    Pepsi Max is my morning coffee.. Cherry Coke Zero is very tasty.

Is the future really Orange?
    Actually, I was thinking metallic yellow.. I've already done a metallic orange.

What one country would you love to visit? Is it the same one you would choose to live in if you were banished from the States?
    Either Norway or Germany. Great music scenes/festivals.

What is your favourite album artwork?
    While I'm not an extreme conservationalist, this one speaks volumes:

I figure I've got another 40-60 years left on this planet, I'd like it to stick around for me.

Master of his Domain Agileguy_101's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you think coconuts migrate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    Happy with an Epi? Great! Want an R9? Great! Like paying a thai hooker to strap up and roto root your backside cause you think it makes you hit the high notes better? Great! If they are happy and go out and play some kick ass music then its all good in my book.