Thread: Swap ideas for stock Strat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Swap ideas for stock Strat

I have a friend who has a 05 alder strat with 2-TexMex single coils and 1-Diamondback Humbucker. He is looking for a tone with more bite and ballsy. Anyone out there been there done that?

Master of his Domain Agileguy_101's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Swap ideas for stock Strat

The JB will sound amazing in an alder bodied strat. If you want something lower output, try the Pearly Gates, or the Pearly Gates +. SSL-1's would go well in the middle and bridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    Happy with an Epi? Great! Want an R9? Great! Like paying a thai hooker to strap up and roto root your backside cause you think it makes you hit the high notes better? Great! If they are happy and go out and play some kick ass music then its all good in my book.