Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenVulture View Post
    Can I have sauce with that?
    Absolutely. It's a home made white sauce....best served warm.
    My Sound Clips

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F View Post
    Too high to type
    0nly two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Imperator of Indignation idsnowdog's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

An enema, surrounded by a monastery, wrapped in a condom.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Scott View Post
    Isn't this your second well?
    No sir, I have never dug another well; although the experience would be fun. My grandfather was a roughneck on a lot of the early oil wells here in Oklahoma during the 20's and 30's.
    My Sound Clips

Too high to type
    0nly two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    Absolutely. It's a home made white sauce....best served warm.
    So that's a missprint? It should be " Wrapped in a Condom " ?

InnerDreamRecords... Hey, Puckboy died...but he's better now.

- http://www.myspace.com/mrdsbigband - 80's demos and things.
    - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you and your wife were to start a family business, what could you see yourselves doing?
    If you play guitar chest-high, you play from your heart.

If you play guitar waist-high, you play from your guts.

If you play guitar low, you play from your huevos.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by idsnowdog View Post
    An enema, surrounded by a monastery, wrapped in a condom.
    I'm glad you understood the hidden meaning sir. I am many things to many people...and have been called far worse.
    My Sound Clips

Too high to type

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    If you and your wife were to start a family business, what could you see yourselves doing?
    Well, we had a family business with some friends that we started in 2006. We opened up a used car franchise. That was what I had a ton of experience in at that time. We were really starting to make a go of it until I hurt my back and my "friends" took the opportunity to seize control of the assets and basically run my father and I out of the business.....while squandering or outright stealing all of the company money. It wasn't all my money, but I was a 25% full controlling partner and it cost me my life savings to that point. It happened so fast I couldn't stop it or recover from it.

If my wife and I were ever to start another business, I would love to own an upscale Cigar Shop and Smoking Lounge/Bar. Cigars are my other true passion besides guitar, and I know quite a bit about it. That would be something that I wouldn't consider a job....it would be fun to go to work every day. I'm good with people and I'm a good salesman, so I know it would succeed.
    My Sound Clips

Too high to type

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Desert Island (with electricity for some reason).

One guitar.

One amp.

One pedal.

One chick.

Choose your weapons, sir.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So that's a missprint? It should be " Wrapped in a Condom " ?
    Well, I meant a bechamel sauce, but I can whip up whatever you want, and put it in anything you like!
    My Sound Clips

Too high to type

Mount Airy, NC, USA - My johnson can cure Halitosis!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I thought you were around when the well was started up. Must have been set up just after you had to move.

To date, I've been a standby well recipient once. I guess I'm just not a vibrant enough character to get the nod. [slowly plods away weeping] LOL.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    Desert Island (with electricity for some reason).

One guitar.

One amp.

One pedal.

One chick.

Choose your weapons, sir.
    Guitar...that's a tough one. Dean Hardtail, USA made with ebony board. Fat enough like a Les Paul to get those tones, yet can still get PRS tones and even a bit of strat like tones with pickups split. If a Hardtail wasn't available....Les Paul without question.

Amp - JCM 800 2205, full stack, loaded with a combination of GT12-75's and V30's. Amp modded by Jeff Seal just like the one I had to sell a few years back.

Pedal - I'm not a huge pedal guy, so and old Boss CE-2 to thicken up and help clean tones. If there was a pedal that had Chorus and Delay in one pedal, that would be great. All the gain I need comes from the amp.

Chick - (Fantasy) Monica Bellucci. Real life...my wife.

I'll also need a lifetime supply of Diet 7up and an ice machine.
    My Sound Clips

Too high to type

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I thought you were around when the well was started up. Must have been set up just after you had to move.

To date, I've been a standby well recipient once. I guess I'm just not a vibrant enough character to get the nod. [slowly plods away weeping] LOL.
    The well started after I left. You never know, you may be the next recipient......I HAVE THE POWER NOW.....MMMUUUHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!
    My Sound Clips

Too high to type

Mount Airy, NC, USA - My johnson can cure Halitosis!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    Amp - JCM 800 2205, full stack, loaded with a combination of GT12-75's and V30's. Amp modded by Jeff Seal just like the one I had to sell a few years back.
    Can you describe for me what changes Jeff made to the tone of the amp? He does good work and I'd love to hear what you thought about it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pump that air! What sort of mods?

InnerDreamRecords... Hey, Puckboy died...but he's better now.

- http://www.myspace.com/mrdsbigband - 80's demos and things.
    - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How exactly did you injure your back?
    If you play guitar chest-high, you play from your heart.

If you play guitar waist-high, you play from your guts.

If you play guitar low, you play from your huevos.

TheProphet

Top 5 movies?

Ideal pizza?

How do you eat an oreo cookie?

Say you win $10 million in the lottery, what are the first 5 things you do?

As far as your rig is concerned, describe your favorite sound that you get from it.

If you were given an unlimited budget to go on holiday, but could only go to one place, where would you go?

Still no correct answer provided yet by the well inhabitants ... Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?

And for the record I nominate Gr8Scott for the next. I won't comment on his vibrantness.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So, cigars, eh? What's your favorite smoke? I was loving Monte Cristo Series V's. Those were tasty! Kinda quit because it's an expensive hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can you describe for me what changes Jeff made to the tone of the amp? He does good work and I'd love to hear what you thought about it.
    Pump that air! What sort of mods?
    Jeff pulled out the old circuit boards and basically built a new amp inside, but heavily based on the JCM 2205. I asked for a clean channel like a Fender Twin...and he delivered. It had a bright switch built into a push pull for the volume, so I could brighten the tone up even more if i wanted.

I asked for the gain channel to go anywhere from JTM/Plexi breakup at the low end all the way up through modded JCM 800 80's tones and into Silver Jubilee territory. He delivered in spades. The gain channel was very, very quiet and just by adjusting the gain knob I was able to dial in almost any Marshall flavor I wanted. He also added a pseudo 3rd channel that I could access via a push/pull on the gain knob I believe. It went into seriously high gain/new metal sounds.....but was a bit noisy.

He did all of this without additional tubes or controls drilled into the amp. I ran Svetlana Winged C EL34's with an array of NOS pre-amp tubes including Bugle Boy, RFT and GE Blackplate. Interestingly enough, at that time the new Groove Tubes 12AX7-C's were good enough to make me take out all but 2 NOS pre-amp tubes and save them for later use. Not sure GT is as good any longer.

Jeff does fantastic work with 2 channel Marshalls, and I will have another 2205 modded by him in the future. I just don't need the headroom of a 2210, I like the earlier breakup of the 50 watters.
    My Sound Clips

Too high to type

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    How exactly did you injure your back?
    I inherited back problems from my dad. I had a bulging disc in my early 20's from lifting weights incorrectly, but the problem went away with some treatment and for nearly 20 years I had no other problems at all.

I originally hurt my back the day after Thanksgiving, 2006, unloading my daughters suitcase from the trunk. I just felt something snap when I lifted it out of the trunk. Put me flat on my back. 3-4 days later I was trying to hobble down the stairs to get something from the kitchen and I tripped over a dog toy and fell down the remaining flight of stairs. That cemented my back problem.

It's been constant back and leg pain from that point until today. The only thing that makes it better is Oxycontin or Morphine, and I refuse to go back on those meds again, even if Dr. prescribed again. I'm learning to just tough it out and looking for alternate therapies.
    My Sound Clips

Too high to type

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    Top 5 movies?

Ideal pizza?

How do you eat an oreo cookie?

Say you win $10 million in the lottery, what are the first 5 things you do?

As far as your rig is concerned, describe your favorite sound that you get from it.

If you were given an unlimited budget to go on holiday, but could only go to one place, where would you go?

Still no correct answer provided yet by the well inhabitants ... Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?

And for the record I nominate Gr8Scott for the next. I won't comment on his vibrantness.
    Movies...picking 5 is hard, I love movies. Lets see.....

Wizzard of Oz
    The Outlaw Josey Wales
    My Cousin Vinny
    About Last Night

Ideal Pizza - Simple. New York Pizza, super thin crust. Baked in a 100 year old dirty pizza oven. Plain cheese is just fine, but if I have to choose just one topping...pepperoni (and extra cheese). Fold it in half, eat and let the grease run down my chin.

Oreo Cookie - I generally don't because I am diabetic. However, when I do I split it in half, eat the dry side first and then eat the side with the center. I do not lick all of the center off, but sometimes will take a portion of it first. Must have milk.

$10M Lottery Win -

1. Put $5M in investments for the future.

2. Buy a nice house, but probably not a million dollar mansion. At least not now.

3. Buy my Dad a house anywhere he wanted....anything he wanted and set him up for life.

4. Buy my sister and her family the house they have always dreamed of.

5. Re-build my guitar/amp collection. Get a 2205 again, see above. Buy a couple of nice Lesters, a USA Dean Hardtail and a Taylor Acoustic. I don't need a ton.

Current Favorite Rig Sound - don't have an amp currently, so no sound. My favorite sound from my former rig was a Les Paul or Dean Hardtail on the crunch channel of my Marshall. Enough gain to play AC/DC through GNR. Not a ton of difference in the gain between those two. Just a nice, crunchy, throaty Marshall growl through a 4x12.

Holiday anywhere in the world/unlimited budget: Does Europe count as one place? I'd love to take the train through all the countries of Europe and see all the history. If I had to pick one place.....Ireland.

Lemmy or God in a cage match: I have to give the initial edge to Lemmy as he is seemingly indestructible, but after a long and bloody battle, God wins out in the end. He has even more endurance than Lemmy, and he is Omnipotent after all. I am a believer.
    My Sound Clips

Too high to type