Thread: How to annoy your upstairs neighbors

Support Code 211 When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets! 81 - 1% all the way!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default How to annoy your upstairs neighbors

Over time, I have read post on bad neighbors , so I thought I would offer this advice….

1) Place your stereo on a higher shelf. Then, play music constantly. Your music doesn't need to be overly loud for it to annoy your upstairs neighbor. Also, your neighbor can't tell you where to place stuff in your apartment.

2) Constantly pound on your wall as if you're hammering something into the wall. You don't need to do this in the middle of the night in order to bother your upstairs neighbor. Once again, as long as you don't do this too frequently, there really no recourse that your upstairs neighbor can take.

3) Buy surround sound. Then, hang the surround sound high upon the walls. Much like the stereo, you don't need to blast your surround sound while watching television in order to annoy your upstairs neighbor.

4) Have people over for meals often. Talk loudly with these people and maybe even play some games. If you're not too rowdy with your guests there is little chance that your landlord will be able to say anything to you about the situation.

5) Buy an electronic dartboard. Hang the dartboard on your wall and then play darts often. If your neighbor complains, simply tell him that you're in a league and need to practice a lot.

6) Burn candles near the ceiling of your apartment. You'd be surprised at how much that smell travels up and through the walls. Just be sure to not blacken your ceiling too much.
    Support Code 211

When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets! 81 - 1% all the way!

Support Code 211 When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets! 81 - 1% all the way!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How to annoy your upstairs neighbors

AND FOR THE DOWNSTAIRS NEIGHBORS….

1) Listen to music during the day with your speakers on the ground. You can't be evicted for listening to music during the afternoon. Besides, the music doesn't even need to be that loud for it to bother your downstairs neighbor when the speakers are on the floor.

2) Walk around your apartment with shoes on. If you're wearing shoes around your place you won't even have to stomp around to get a bad reaction from your downstairs neighbor. You can't get evicted from simply walking around, either.

3) Constantly move things around in your apartment. This will create many noises that will drive your downstairs crazy. When your neighbors asks you about the noises, just play dumb.

4) Have guests over to your place all the time. This will create even more disruptions than you walking around your apartment. As long as you have guests over during the day and there's no yelling or anything of that nature involved, you won't be evicted. You will, however, annoy your downstairs neighbor.

5) Exercise in your apartment. As long as it's at a reasonable hour there is no way that you can be evicted for simply exercising in your own apartment.

6) Run the vacuum cleaner every day. This will drive your downstairs neighbor insane. If your landlord and/or neighbor asks why you use your vacuum cleaner everyday just tell them that you are a neat-freak and have OCD.
    Support Code 211

When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets! 81 - 1% all the way!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wrong. All due respect ot an original bro, but upstiars always has the advantage casue they can stomp on you all the time without too much extra effort.
    They can aslo knock on your door and tell you to turn the stereo down and call management.
    Eveen if management sdies with you, you'll trun the music down in order to avoid being stomped.
    I detest apartments, and if I ever have to live in one agin, i'll seracj the wrold over for a concrete floor and sides unit.
    I had an ongoiung battle with apartment neighhbors for over a year. They one. Pigs always win a pig contest.
    I am the Special Envoy of Unparalleled Tone. I would be a Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary, but I don't have a Hiwatt.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalManiac View Post
    Wrong. All due respect ot an original bro, but upstiars always has the advantage casue they can stomp on you all the time without too much extra effort.
    They can aslo knock on your door and tell you to turn the stereo down and call management.
    Eveen if management sdies with you, you'll trun the music down in order to avoid being stomped.
    I detest apartments, and if I ever have to live in one agin, i'll seracj the wrold over for a concrete floor and sides unit.
    I had an ongoiung battle with apartment neighhbors for over a year. They one. Pigs always win a pig contest.
    ot
    casu
    aslo
    eveen
    sdies
    trun
    agin
    seracj
    wrold
    ongoiung

You really need to work on your typing skills man. Seriously, I can hardly even tell what you're talking about half of the time.
    Last edited by JOLLY; 10-16-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you live below me Stratman? Seriously, that sounds just like my downstairs neighbor. Bastid won't even open the door when I go down to pound on it when he is blasting his music. I even like his music, but his timing sucks. We stomp on the floor and he acts like he can't hear it.

I may put a banana in his tailpipe....seriously.
    My Sound Clips

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F View Post
    Too high to type
    0nly two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    We stomp on the floor and he acts like he can't hear it.
    Start dropping 20 pound weights on the floor repeatedly. He'll get the message.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    Start dropping 20 pound weights on the floor repeatedly. He'll get the message.
    That's what it sounds like my upstairs neighbor does. The only part of their place that is overlaps ours in over our bedroom; which sucks. What I don't understand is that our first upstairs neighbor always sounded like he was dropping bowling balls, but then he moved out. Now the new people make the same noise. Maybe it's really a frikin bowling alley up there.

I swore I would never live in an apartment or condo again, but after living with my sister for a year this place was heaven.
    My Sound Clips

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F View Post
    Too high to type
    0nly two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I simply knock on their door and politely ask them to quiet down. If that doesn't work, I go to management, and I make sure me neighbor knows I'm going to management. I don't retaliate by doing the very things that bother me in the first place. By being polite in talking to my neighbors, I've only had to go to management once in the 7 years I've lived here.

There's also a certain level of noise any apartment dweller has to be prepared to deal with. Not everyone can live in an apartment.
    Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom 5/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Duncan Distortion, SP90-1/SP90-2

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our building is 19 floors of steel & concrete. Sound travels like a reverb spring -- "BAM! <booiioiioiinggg> "

The guy above us does the hammering and bowling ball drop at the oddest times, but it turns out he has a lot of trouble sleeping. He's an older gent, and doesn't always know what time it is.

"Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewguitar View Post
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you want a perfectly quiet home, go buy a house on a three acre lot. If you want to live in an apartment, you have to tolerate a bit of noise.

I hear my neighbours sometimes, and I'm sure they hear me sometimes. That's life in an apartment building.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

when i was about 18 i lived above a shop with my girlfriend, who'd just come back from packing on a crap-ton of weight while overseas.

without putting too fine a point on it, the guy in the shop complained a few times.
    he didn't whinge about the 180W fender supertwin. just us "moving around".
    wahwah, on gigging in the UAE:
    It was refreshing to see Australians abroad, sober. I almost didn't recognise them.

Funkfingers, in response to some highy questionable spam:
    When this forum talks about getting wood, we're usually thinking of flamed maple.

Mike Hastings, 14th Earl of Loudoun:
    I reckon I might send Lizzie a bill for back rent. The old girl's family have been living in my bloody castle for the last 500 years.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    Do you live below me Stratman? Seriously, that sounds just like my downstairs neighbor. Bastid won't even open the door when I go down to pound on it when he is blasting his music. I even like his music, but his timing sucks. We stomp on the floor and he acts like he can't hear it.

I may put a banana in his tailpipe....seriously.
    I actually own a house in Charlotte, NC situated on 5.56 acres of land and own another house in rural part (On the shore) of Greenwich, CT with 2.83 acres of land.

Currently, residing in Shanghai, China on the bottom floor of a 18 story concrete and steel condo - party all the time and I care less if the neighbors beach about the noise - for the money (RMB 24,000 @ month) that I am paying for this flat, they can knock on my door and complain to the local police all they want. (BUT they have not yet!) Most of my neighbors are foreigners living and working in Shanghai and love music and BBQ’s, great place to live but expensive.
    Support Code 211