Thread: New PUP & PG day!

Grandturk

Default New PUP & PG day!

And now it looks like a Classic Vibe Squier! Well, almost!

Last version of this Strat I had installed a full set of Dimarzio single-sized hums in it for some full-on metal shred - but this left me with zero traditional-setup Strats in my arsenal, so I was jonesing to set things right.

I had wanted to drop in a gold-anodized PG for a long time, but didn't want to wire in the Custom Shop 54's I had been using for a long time - a little too bright for me between the maple neck and ash body - I wanted something a little middy-er to counter act that sting.

I found Sean from TTS pickups at the Brookdale Guitar show in NJ and liked the pickup selection I played so I figured for $100 you can't go wrong and ordered up a set of his "classic rock" single coils - basically mid 6k pickups, a little hotter towards the bridge. And I now had a reason to get a aluminum pickguard. Wired it up and here we are:

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New PUP & PG day!

Looks cool, then again I have a thing for white strats, another thing for well used strats, well, you get the picture

Congrats!
    So what's the "almost" about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay View Post
    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by That90'sGuy View Post
    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.