Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Well CXVIII: Wattage you say?

Default Re: The Well CXVIII: Wattage you say?

You have the chance to be a sub-in guitar player for any band still together and that tours. Who would that be?

Your proudest achievement to date?

Ultimate 30-minute set list to play in a club? (covers only)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dr. ad View Post
    what's with the love of dirty aussie rock tunes?
    Hmmm....I got into AC/DC pretty young, right when "If You Want Blood...You Got It" came out. That expanded the pre-Internet world in a pretty big way for me. Bon Scott was essentially a God to me as a kid. I was always open to other cool bands from Down Under from that point on pretty much. If a band was Aussie I would definitely take a shot at them. Turns out there were tons of amazing bands there, I don't know why for sure - lots of cool reasons that all kind of blended together to make a pretty rich music scene.

AC/DC, The Angels & Rose Tattoo are massive faves. The Angels and Tatts spawned quite a few spin-offs over time and AC/DC well they've done OK I guess.

The Lime Spiders, Radio Birdman, The New Christs, The Screaming Tribesmen were a whole other scene Down Under and they are or were all killer bands.

There is a rawness and spirit that is unique to Aussie bands that I love. Lots of other great bands from Down Under too that I stumbled upon over time but those above were almost all game changers for me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Just the usual questions:
    1. You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?

The pilot goes first and I am thinking I hold out as long as possible.

2. Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

Guy that lives behind me, he's kind of pissed me off a few too many times.

3. You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening not to notice anything's amiss? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)

Serve her whole? Not my problem, probably need a lot of BBQ sauce.

4. The zombie apocalypse has come. Most people have fled their homes. Production of food in your country has stopped. Zombies roam the streets looking for a fresh meal, and you have escaped your quiet suburban neighbourhood with the rest of your family (let's say this is a typical family . . . 2 kids - one 8 year old/one 12 year old, and 2 parents).

You enter a new town looking for food and are attacked by a chick. You manage to fatally wound the person, but before she dies, she tells you that she was an elementary school teacher and was trying to kill you to provide enough food to keep the surviving members of her class alive (there's no food in town). You also find out that she's been teaching the survivors from a classroom of 11 year olds to kill and cannibalize people passing by in order to survive. They've been doing this for a while now. She tells you where they are living, and to protect them.

Do you risk your own families safety (and the safety of any other passers by) by ignoring the cannibals and hoping that they don't follow you? Do you risk confronting and executing the kids to guarantee your safety? Do you take the cannibal kids with you and try to teach them to be regular human beings again? What action or inaction would you take, and why?

They're screwed, they can find that chick and eat her after we are long gone.
    Last edited by Wattage; 05-19-2011 at 10:23 PM.

How do you like your steak?

White or dark meat?

Pinball or video games?

Mary Ann or Ginger?

Five card draw or seven card stud?

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Just the usual questions:

1. You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?

2. Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

3. You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening not to notice anything's amiss? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)

4. The zombie apocalypse has come. Most people have fled their homes. Production of food in your country has stopped. Zombies roam the streets looking for a fresh meal, and you have escaped your quiet suburban neighbourhood with the rest of your family (let's say this is a typical family . . . 2 kids - one 8 year old/one 12 year old, and 2 parents).

You enter a new town looking for food and are attacked by a chick. You manage to fatally wound the person, but before she dies, she tells you that she was an elementary school teacher and was trying to kill you to provide enough food to keep the surviving members of her class alive (there's no food in town). You also find out that she's been teaching the survivors from a classroom of 11 year olds to kill and cannibalize people passing by in order to survive. They've been doing this for a while now. She tells you where they are living, and to protect them.

Do you risk your own families safety (and the safety of any other passers by) by ignoring the cannibals and hoping that they don't follow you? Do you risk confronting and executing the kids to guarantee your safety? Do you take the cannibal kids with you and try to teach them to be regular human beings again? What action or inaction would you take, and why?
    The fact that all of your questions are about cannibalism is quite disturbing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
    Heyya Scott- I cannot believe as long as you have been around this forum, you are now just getting "the well"!!
    Yeah I am slow on the uptake, hehe

Best UFO album Obsession. It is a perfect album.

Best UFO lineup Phil Mogg, Michael Schenker, Pete Way, Paul Raymond, & Andy Parker. (2nd fave line up just take off Paul, 3rd switch Michael with Tonka/Paul Chapman and Paul Raymond for Neil Carter)

Top 3 UFO songs Cherry (my fave UFO song), Only You Can Rock Me, I'm A Loser

The 2nd and third could change anytime but Cherry stays!

I love UFO with Michael and Tonka not so much with most of the others. With Vinnie Moore they are actually really good but his guitar sound sucks the life out of it for me.

Been listening to UFO all day since I read this question, been a while since I did that. I was blasting the first Schenker Group album the other day, what an album, still kills me how great his playing is.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
    Almost forgot-

Gibson Guitars never existed.... what becomes your main axe?
    Tough one because I'll assume that no Les Paul's were around to influence all the other builders so I don't want to pick an LP take off.

A Telecaster

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NecroPolo View Post
    How would you describe yourself if you were an amp: lo-wattage or hi-wattage?

High Wattage!!!

What is your first conscious memory?

Best as I can tell, my 2nd birthday party

Who was your fav bandmate so far and why?

Wow that's really tough, a few of them are some of my best friends. I have to think about this one a bit more, I'll get back to you.

Which inactive old forum member do you miss the most?

It was Jeff H but he's back, I wish Falstaff would hang around again.

off:

Quote Originally Posted by NecroPolo View Post
    After all this time, I've noticed the whole well-thread just 5 minutes ago so nothing is impossible I guess...

You're truly a nice bunch of folks, indeed! I have lot to read about you guys. Anyway, I could not find Jolly in there, I'm quite surprised.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When you gonna get a nice Hamer USA Standard?

:headbang;
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ErikH View Post
    You have the chance to be a sub-in guitar player for any band still together and that tours. Who would that be?

I answered this at least 20x and changed it everytime, my wife said The Cars

Your proudest achievement to date?
    My family, I owe a lot to my wife, she is an amazing person, but I've done pretty good filling in on her days off

Ultimate 30-minute set list to play in a club? (covers only)
    This week -
    Ramblin Rose - MC5
    Kick Out The Jams - MC5
    Strychnine - The Sonics
    All American Man - KISS
    Dirty Love - Motorhead
    Gangrene - Utopia
    God Damn Rock N Roll - The Cramps
    Hang Onto Yourself - David Bowie
    Kill City - Iggy Pop
    The KKK Took My Baby Away - Ramones
    and since I generally play 'em faster than stock and I always ignore last song from front of house I can probably plow thru a rocked out version
    What's So Funny Bout Peace Love and Understanding - Nick Lowe

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    How do you like your steak?
    Medium Well

White or dark meat?
    White

Pinball or video games?
    Pinball - I would love to own a cool pinball machine

Mary Ann or Ginger?
    Ginger

Five card draw or seven card stud?
    Five Card

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ErikH View Post
    The fact that all of your questions are about cannibalism is quite disturbing.
    We all got to be prepared

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BTMN View Post
    When you gonna get a nice Hamer USA Standard?

:headbang;
    Actually I would probably get a Sunburst first. Someday I hope to have both, only USA Hamer I owned was a Blitz/T-Bird bass.

Understatmentologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was there a particular 'eureka' moment that made you say, "Guitar! That's what I'll play"?

If guitar wasn't an option, what would you play?

You mentioned Original Ray's. Is traditional Italian-American your favorite cuisine, or is there something else you prefer?

Enlighten us on your choice of avatar. I know who he is, but for the benefit of those just tuning in...

Did you and your wife "meet cute", did you hang out in college, or was it a 'friend of a friend' thing?

"Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewguitar View Post
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ginormous View Post
    Was there a particular 'eureka' moment that made you say, "Guitar! That's what I'll play"?

Well I kind of wanted to play drums too but my Mom figured my Dad would last oh maybe 5 seconds with that noise. So since I had been asking for a guitar for birthdays and Xmas every year for about 4 or 5 years that was the clear winner. It was never a letdown though I wish I knew how to play drums. I started playing when I was 12, fall of '77. My world was never the same, Rock N Roll engulfed me.

If guitar wasn't an option, what would you play?

Hehe drums!!

You mentioned Original Ray's. Is traditional Italian-American your favorite cuisine, or is there something else you prefer?

Americanized Italian or Mexican are my two faves.

Enlighten us on your choice of avatar. I know who he is, but for the benefit of those just tuning in...

My current avatar is the Robert Johnson, King of the Delta Blues. Every guitar player should know who he is! For such a short life he made such an impact, he forever changed the course of modern music. His 100th birthday was the 8th of this month so I am keeping his pic as my avatar til the end of May. A beautiful box set of his original 78's was just released as well as a remaster of the original recordings on CD that apparently blows away the CD box set that came out maybe 10 years ago or so, I'll pick that up too I would imagine. Yes I still buy CD's.

Did you and your wife "meet cute", did you hang out in college, or was it a 'friend of a friend' thing?

My wife was a mail order bride from Jersey, it was her only way out. Hehehehe! I actually met her at a bowling tournament when I was 15 and we pretty much fell for each other instantly. We started dating within a few weeks of meeting and we're married 22 years this coming October. Yeah I know start throwing up now but I have a great marriage and she is truly the best friend I have. I don't know how I got so lucky, love is truly an odd, powerful and wonderful thing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you take your wife to that same bowling alley to celebrate the 30th anniversary of meeting? If not, or it has not happenened yet, plan it, MAJOR more Life points will be scored.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BTMN View Post
    Did you take your wife to that same bowling alley to celebrate the 30th anniversary of meeting? If not, or it has not happenened yet, plan it, MAJOR more Life points will be scored.

I should've, we met 30 years ago this past January 5th. We spent a long weekend at a place that is very special to us up in Maine, I'll have to take her over to the Lanes though, it would make her smile. Funny we haven't bowled in ages. I can't really hold a bowling ball properly anymore due to an injury to my hand but it would be fun to try.

Good call!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you could go back in time and relive 1 event in your life (with the ability to change it or not), what-when-where would it be...and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Keisman Thunderbird, EB VPJr,
    Mr Black Double Chorus, T1M DD-5/T1M Tap, Wampler Faux Tape, Mr Black Eterna Reverb

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you still have the Harley Forty-Eight? Where are your favorite places to ride? What's the longest trip you've taken on it? And what kind of helmet do you have?

Oh, if you win that $10 million somebody else mentioned, you should buy your wife that bowling alley and rename it "Memory Lanes."
    "Ayo, lesson here, Bey... you come at the king, you best not miss."

-- Omar Little

I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gotta comment on a few responses here. Then I'll submit my questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Wattage View Post

Are you practised in the art of cunnilingus?
    Oui, qui
    The question was not "Do you speak French?" It was "Does the flesh shovel in your mouth know how to dig in the tuna trench? ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Ideal pizza?
    Thick crust, well done, with pepperoni at the Original Ray's Pizza down in the East Village after a late night out in NYC
    Haven't been to Ray's in 20 years...[mouth waters uncontrollably]

If you endured a plane crash and the other survivors were Lucid, GuitarStv, Jolly, KRS, Scott_F, Simon_F, and Aceman ... what would happen?
    I'd like to field this one....KRS is shot by multiple parties immediately. I turn and ask the others if they mind if I shoot GuitarStv. That whole "Is it a science thing" is pissing me off.

That's the first scene. Take it from there...

[
    B]Ultimate 30-minute set list to play in a club? (covers only)[/B]
    All American Man - KISS
    Really? Why that?

Rick and Ace are playing Pool and cracking jokes,
    I think that is so DEAD on!
    Quote Originally Posted by jon the art guy View Post
    Aceman, your advice was a rich tapestry of hard-fought research, blood, sweat and tears and the homespun wisdom we've all learned to expect and relish from our itinerant face-painted lunatic. I would like to award you a internet trophy for "best comment on a proco rat discussion". Let it be written in the annals of history; Aceman sure as heck helped.