Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hey Blueman, got a serious question for you!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hey Blueman, got a serious question for you!

Quote Originally Posted by wahwah View Post
    Or when you say, "So in your mind, if you're the better player, then the decades old 'LP vs. Strat' is settled in your favor?" when you know full well I am saying nothing of the sort, nor would I.
    What you posted in another thread recently, wanting hear clips from me: Let's 'hear these great Les Paul tones that justify mocking Strat players for their lack of taste in the preferred instrument.' I interpreted that as a Strat vs LP challenge that hinged on my playing. It seemed like you insisted that I prove my case, as if there weren't enough CD's already with LP's on them. Sorry if I took it wrong. BTW, I've never mocked good Strat players, I've consistently praised them. I think one of the greatest losses in the history of music was Hendrix's death.

I have friends that have been professional musicians for decades, their whole adult lives. Some own Strats and Teles. I joke about them, they joke about my guitars. We all laugh. I do that here, and some guys get all huffy. Face-to-face we'd have no problems, any of us. Put everyone online and things change. I don't understand that. Everything I've said on the forum, I've said to many of the Fender owners I know, and not one of them has ever had a negative reaction. Nor I when they laughed at me and my approach to music. Why does it make enemies here? It doesn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by blueman335 View Post
    So you don't like what someone says: don't read their posts, or in this case, threads about them.

I guess it's my own fault really. I should know better. My quirky way of describing my experiences with Stratocasters is clearly not able to be presented here unless i carefully modify my wording, as it seems is if you sit on high and swoop down the moment you see a few derogatory 'anti-Fender' words that you can use later when deriding said brand ; unfortunately disregarding the context in which those words were originally used. It seems you still won't accept that you took my words out of the larger context of what i had said when i used those words.

In the interests of balance, i will also say that i think many Gibsons are hunks of junk too in recent decades, and that's why when i lusted after a Les Paaul, i ended up buying a Hamer. I consider many Gibsons this way for different reasons .... Gibson guitars are built in traditional ways in a lineage that traces a long way back through mandolins and archtop acoustics, but their quality has been very hit-and-miss over the last 30 years, and for the prices one has to pay (particularly outside of the USA) they should all be good, not "make sure you play a lot to find a good one".

Anyway, now that i understand it is impossible for me to point out anything negative about (my) Fender instruments even in the bigger context of saying that i like them anyway, I will revert to a position of saying nothing because doing anything else has been proven to give you the opportunity to misrepresent what i may say.

Which is a shame, but that seems to be the state of play so i will need to sidestep it to avoid being further misrepesented.
    Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER, NO STALKING !!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    It seems you still won't accept that you took my words out of the larger context of what i had said when i used those words.
    Relax, no need to clam up. Apparently you read my post in haste. Yes, I'm fully aware that you are a Strat fan. I just thought it's interesting that the worst things said about them are from the guys that play them. You've expressed great satisfaction with yours, along with a lot of problems and frustration. Maybe that's one of the reasons some of us choose not to own one.