Dawn Of The Shred TheLivingDead's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: mmmmmmm, korina

Whaaaaaaaat?!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The guy I bought it from, Joe, is totally stand-up. He called me and is totally cooperative. He also has documentation on where he bought it from, and where that person bought it from.

Formula73 is working on getting the documentation that we (Joe and I) are asking for before giving the guitar back.

Sorry, but I don't think its unreasonable to ask for police documentation rather than someone's word on the internet when talking about handing over something of this kind of value and taking a huge $$$ loss.
    Last edited by TattooedCarrot; 07-26-2011 at 09:55 PM.

INTENSELY corrosive sweat formula73's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think you're being unreasonable at all, man. I'm just happy you're both being good guys. It would be a whole lot easier if I still lived down in San Diego, though!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    the Les Paul is the ultimate electric guitar.
    i know that's a pretty heavy statement to make and a bunch of dudes that love Teles and shredsticks are gona argue with me, but they're wrong.
    anything you can't do on a Les Paul is because you haven't practiced enough or you don't rock hard enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by sosomething View Post
    You put the "pow" in "power bottom."
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalManiac View Post
    *Thumpety Thump Thump Thump...WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Glad and sad to have noticed this.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BTMN View Post
    Glad and sad to have noticed this.
    Doing the right thing isn't always painless, but its right. I'll survive.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Man, what a drag.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdwuld View Post
    they have a modeler that allows you to plug in headphones and hear Page playing
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F View Post
    I have one of those, it's called an ipod. Can't figure out how to plug in the guitar, but it seems to bluetooth over to the ipod. I sound fanstastic!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TC, if it means anything, I belive this will put you in the highest regard with many here and on the other spot where this has been discussed. I have been trying to think of a way to show my appreciation to you for being a righteous guy.
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TC, if it means anything, I belive this will put you in the highest regard with many here and on the other spot where this has been discussed. I have been trying to think of a way to show my appreciation to you for being a righteous guy.
    +1 !
    But, what about the money? Who's the one to lose a substantial amount of money?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd be diggin' to find the original thief before I lose that much money.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLivingDead View Post
    I'd be diggin' to find the original thief before I lose that much money.
    We've traced it back 4 owners to about the time of the theft. But proving who stole it is a whole different deal. As is showing the element of knowledge in regards to possessing or selling stolen property for anyone who had it after it was stolen. And as for the money, who would pay for that? Its been sold and money passed at least four times. Would the crook pay? No. It was stolen like 2004. He's long gone. This was a game of musical chairs and the music stopped while I was out of my chair. Fortunately, Formula73 and the person who sold it to me are stand-up people and we have discussed and agreed that we would split the loss three ways since we all got caught up in a mess. Formula73 and I will be working to locate a police report, stolen property entry, or something to validate this situation though. While I have no doubt, the fact is right now everything is based off internet chat and emails and nothing has been substantiated yet.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What a headache.

It's cool that you guys came to that agreement though.

I hope whoever the thief was, got his. The *******.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've known F73 since 2005 and I have read you on here for a long time too TC. Both of you are good folks. Big thumbs up all around. Ever in town TC drinks and dinner on me.
    Guitar to sound output:

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Guitar to sound output:

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your Forum Membership will be reviewed and activated shortly.

Please allow up to 72 hours to have your Forum Membership activated.

Forum accounts are activated during regular business hours Monday - Friday EST!
    Thanks.......this does not help my impulsiveness!

EDIT: I'm in, thanks!
    Last edited by TattooedCarrot; 07-24-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Basically it is a thread from January 2005 about the guitars being hiested and the multiple times it was bumped over the years. Brandon has been out here for Dean Open House events and we have discussed his Super Human Chrome/Gold Hardware corrosive abilities. When I saw the bridge/tailpiece/ and pickups my "Batsenses" tingled. My heart sank a lil when you posted the matching number from F73's Dean thread and then it soared for a moment knowing the coolness B would enjoy.

Sorry if it seems I'm on this but I am just amazed when a circle happens like this.

Life IS Good! You will be rewarded I'm sure of it. Found an old post from you how you have wanted one of these for a while. You will get one.
    Guitar to sound output:

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry if it seems I'm on this but I am just amazed when a circle happens like this.
    No problem, I appreciate your involvement. its actually helpful because it adds credibility coming from an independent party, and your providing me with documentation in the way of these old threads and stuff that helps put my mind at ease a bit.

Found an old post from you how you have wanted one of these for a while. You will get one.
    Not anytime soon. They're too expensive and $2000 range is a rare buy for me, most my stuff I keep under $1500 or closer to $1000. Also, the wife has pretty much put her foot down on my GAS. She's put up with it for years because its been no harm/no foul. But a hit like this at a time when my daughter's college tuition is due, my son had major dental work, and I got rear-ended by a texting driver all in the past two weeks we are hurting a little. While I'm not surrendering any more money, the idea of throwing it away doesn't sit well either because with gear, I could always sell it off and recoup so I didn't really consider it a loss. This is a straight up loss. So yea, it pretty much sucks to be me at the moment. Besides, my GAS is pretty much extinguished. I have no desire to buy anything anytime soon and will likely sell some stuff off. I've been neutered. I did take the opportunity to bond more with my Gibson V though, its a really good guitar.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here's praise for #1 who was #2 for a day, and now #1 again.......

Last edited by TattooedCarrot; 02-11-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That V RAWKS!!!!

2K is the upper price range on a Vector though. They can be had for around 1.5K too and even lower. I have seen them sit too for being so pricey.

I bet you get this back in spades one way or another.
    Guitar to sound output:

INTENSELY corrosive sweat formula73's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That V is fantastic. I don't think I've seen a cooler look on a 67 style, ever. What pups are in it? Here's the only pic I have of the Hamer from way back in the day. Little ol' me, about 10 years and 60 lbs ago, rockin up on the flight deck of the John C. Stennis.

Even though this sucks for just about everybody but me, you know this will all come back to you, in one way or another, right? At the very least, I've got some pickups with your name on them, and hell, I DO have a MIJ Bacchus in the same 58 style that's pretty hard to come by. I picked it up in Japan on a port call, I believe, the deployment after the Hamer was stolen. Let me get back to port and I'll give you a call and we can talk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    the Les Paul is the ultimate electric guitar.
    i know that's a pretty heavy statement to make and a bunch of dudes that love Teles and shredsticks are gona argue with me, but they're wrong.
    anything you can't do on a Les Paul is because you haven't practiced enough or you don't rock hard enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by sosomething View Post
    You put the "pow" in "power bottom."
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalManiac View Post
    *Thumpety Thump Thump Thump...WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Arrow Re: mmmmmmm, korina

Bacchus GOOD!

Guitar to sound output: