Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: can't believe that there's riots 100 miles away from me

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: can't believe that there's riots 100 miles away from me

Quote Originally Posted by uOpt View Post
    It might not be wise to start using firearms for either side.
    Perhaps, they should just threaten to play the accordian at each other? Or, worse, the bagpipes.

Seriously, there was a policy in some British city centres of playing unfashionable music over the Tannoy systems of shopping arcades (malls) in an attempt to deter youths from loitering in the vicinity.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Funkfingers View Post
    Perhaps, they should just threaten to play the accordian at each other? Or, worse, the bagpipes.

Seriously, there was a policy in some British city centres of playing unfashionable music over the Tannoy systems of shopping arcades (malls) in an attempt to deter youths from loitering in the vicinity.
    The youths will start shooting back if shot at.

For Americans it is probably unimaginable how either side has stayed away from firearms so far but that's what it is.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i think they should just pay every person £250 if they catch them doing something criminally and then turn them in to the cops.

force allowed
    Ich bin mein führer

Quote Originally Posted by tiptipono View Post
    you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, didn't Hitler fail art school? Like...twice?

How the **** do you manage that?
    Every love that made me lose my reasoning. Every chord that made my conscience ache. Every day spent counting hours. Well, none of them comes close to singing back a song inside my head.

I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Ultimate Tone Slacker KoreanGuitarMan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    Yeah, didn't Hitler fail art school? Like...twice?

How the **** do you manage that?
    Nah, he was rejected from entering art school in Vienna partially on technicality and partially because they didn't want landscape artists at the time.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so." ~ Ford Prefect

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

****ing Vienna. Uppity bastards nearly killed us all.
    Every love that made me lose my reasoning. Every chord that made my conscience ache. Every day spent counting hours. Well, none of them comes close to singing back a song inside my head.

I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Lucidfer, Lord of Darkness Lucid_Lunatic's Avatar
    Putting the "FUN" in functional alcoholic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hope it spreads to Atlanta.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like they raised the threat level:

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The youths will start shooting back if shot at.

For Americans it is probably unimaginable how either side has stayed away from firearms so far but that's what it is.
    Alot of them are younger people just out for something easy to steal and to cause a bit of havoc. Highly doubtful many (if any) of them have guns.
    Gibson, PRS, Fender, Patrick Eggle, JJ, BC Rich, Gordon Smith, Jackson, Squier, Ibanez and Home-built Guitars.

Splawn Quick Rod, Soldano SLO Clone, Marshall JCM800, Matamp + old Carlsbro amps, Zilla and Award Session speaker cabs.

Mainly HomeBrew Electronics and G2D FX, plus a few other.

My local shop and Seymour Duncan Dealer: http://www.crazytrainmusic.co.uk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the brits just use rubber bullets and water cannons on the irish. they should use it on these holigans.....
    #WhyNotUs
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Left_Hand_Strat View Post
    turn them in to the cops.
    Kinda like conscription? Actually, six months compulsory service as a police officer would show most people what a sh1tty job it is. It would also educate people to all of the weird stuff that society does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    Yeah, didn't Hitler fail art school? Like...twice? How the **** do you manage that?
    Wrong drugs. Not enough of them. Not enough rampant casual sex, perhaps? Now, I think we're onto something!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanGuitarMan View Post
    Nah, he was rejected from entering art school in Vienna partially on technicality and partially because they didn't want landscape artists at the time.
    And rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by newking70 View Post
    the brits just use rubber bullets and water cannons on the irish. they should use it on these holigans.....
    Double irony.
    1) We don't use water cannon very often - mainly because we don't have very many of them.
    2) I love your suggestion to use water cannon on hooligans instead of "the Irish". The word hooligan originally refers to a fictional Irish family.

CUE - Kam.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't help noticing that nobody shot at the police yet either.

It might not be wise to start using firearms for either side.
    A couple of things to mentioned:

1) why would anyone do this? These are the acts of a few morons who only are doing this because they think they can get away with it. I doubt anyone has even thought of using guns yet
    2) not many guns in Europe in general. Simple. We don't think gun, we don't need guns, we don't want guns, we don't have guns. So if people wanted to shoot the police, they'd be SOL.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The kid being "helped" from the previous page...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/au...t-mugged-riots
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Funkfingers View Post

Double irony.
    1) We don't use water cannon very often - mainly because we don't have very many of them.
    2) I love your suggestion to use water cannon on hooligans instead of "the Irish". The word hooligan originally refers to a fictional Irish family.

CUE - Kam.
    Water cannon were used here about four months ago. The PSNI have six of them and I actually have a funny feeling they're the only ones in the UK. I could be wrong about that. They're used regularly enough. I find the idea much preferable to rubber bullets, though I still think they'd be pretty ineffectual in the current English situation.

I had no idea about the etymology of the word 'hooligan'. That's...kinda cool, actually.

Kam: Exit stage right, pursued by a bear.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post

Quick - everybody lock & load those .22's.

Me - I'm loading 7.62x39...If I gotta bug out, I'll meet you at thes fort on the river Lucid.
    Room for one more?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    A couple of things to mentioned:

1) why would anyone do this? These are the acts of a few morons who only are doing this because they think they can get away with it. I doubt anyone has even thought of using guns yet
    2) not many guns in Europe in general. Simple. We don't think gun, we don't need guns, we don't want guns, we don't have guns. So if people wanted to shoot the police, they'd be SOL.
    I do not believe that lack of guns is what keeps people from shooting at the police. There is an unwritten agreement there. If the police would start shooting at what is perceived as demonstrators (let's leave aside many are looters, perception matters), then getting ahold of guns would be the least of the problems for the angry youths.

Just for starters, a lot of guns have been flowing into Europe after the Yugoslavian wars, mostly to raise cash for the former fighting parties, and border controls are nonexisting inside Europe.

It's not the guns that matter here.

You don't want to re-create a situation like in the 1970ties with the Baader Meinhof group and similar efforts in other European countries. These groups did a lot of damage and they got very radical after their first members were shot (shot by police, with police shooting first). And at that time they had to raid army depots and the like to get weapons, today you don't have to take much risk.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattt View Post
    BS.

There are border controls within Europe, you can't just walk from one country to another, and you can't just bring in guns.

You think it would really be as easy as driving from former-Yugoslavia with a gun hidden in the car? No way. Wouldn't work.

Sure, there are guns in the UK. Many of them are blank-firing replicas that have been modified to fire live rounds and eventually blow some gangsters hand off because the modification wasn't very good. There are shotguns used for hunting that are mostly owned only by responsible gun owners and there ain't many either. Then there are some decent guns laying around, brought into the country by some proper dodgy people... but they really are rare.

So yeah, obtaining guns would be a serious difficulty.
    I've been driving all over west-central Europe just last April. I crossed borders dozens of times.

The border controls are like police that can you pull over to do border stuff. But unless you get picked and pulled over getting from one country to another is no different than going from one US state to another.

GB might be slightly better off since you could check for guns in the tunnel or on the ferries.
    Last edited by uOpt; 08-11-2011 at 12:17 PM.

First of all, let's just blame the Irish and bomb the **** out of them for being so... so, damn Irish!

Secondly, unless this guy is involved with the riots then I am not yet impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
    I dig the wood!