Thread: Acoustic Pickup. Electric Guitar.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Acoustic Pickup. Electric Guitar.

Right I'm looking at getting an acoustic pickup one of these to be exact. Acoustic Pickup. But I would like to know how I could wire it into have its own volume pot and then run to its own dedicated jack socket, anyone here able to help me anything would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GilmourD View Post
    I think the biggest clue to copping Eddie's tone is found in his face. Just look at all the pictures of him playing. He's smiling. He's having fun. He's relaxed. He's not playing so hard that it looks like he's trying to push out a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by tc View Post
    This is a trick question. Chuck Norris doesn't try to sound metal, metal tries to sound like Chuck Norris.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Acoustic Pickup. Electric Guitar.

thing with a transducer is, it senses vibrations and converts it into an electrical signal.

In the case of an acoustic guitar, the transducer is placed on the underside of the guitar's top/soundboard, which vibrates quite a lot (in comparison to a solid bodied electric guitar). You might not even get much of a sound if you placed a transducer on a solid body.

It might work on a hollowbody electric.

But on a solid body, you have very limited options as to where to place a transducer to get the string vibrations. for a Fender style tremolo bridge, you could put it on the string block, but you'd probably end up with a really thin, tinny, bright sound.

Alternatively, if your guitar was chambered and you had HUGE chambers, it could probably work on one of the thinner walls of said chamber...if you could even access it in the first place.

other than that, though, I think you're SOL.

If you want acoustic sounds out of an electric guitar, you could get a set of piezo saddles. Graphtech makes a bunch. so do a bunch of other manufacturers. What kind of guitar do you have?
    Last edited by CTN; 09-26-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    My Music

Fender MIJ '62RI strat: Rose BuffBeauty/Robusta/Robusta | Jolly Roger Cutlasscaster: CustomRCA3/Little'59 | Epi G400: '59A8/'59A4 | CTN Polaris: JB8/Hot Rails(b) parallel
    CTN Exploder 880 bass
    Boss GE7 (monte allums mod) & NS2, Crybaby, OCD, Pitchblack, Nova Repeater
    H&K Tubemeister 18 | Retro30/ET65 in a Saxon custom 2x12
    Persian Rug

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

my guitar is a PRS SE Tremonti which has a wraparound stoptail bridge any help?
    I think the biggest clue to copping Eddie's tone is found in his face. Just look at all the pictures of him playing. He's smiling. He's having fun. He's relaxed. He's not playing so hard that it looks like he's trying to push out a turd.

This is a trick question. Chuck Norris doesn't try to sound metal, metal tries to sound like Chuck Norris.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

RMC and FIshman both make their own version of Tone Pros bridges which is an acoustic pickup for the electric guitar. Yes, you need a separate volume and tone control for these along with a separate switch to turn it on and off. If your guitar already has 4 controls you could essential connect both humbuckers to the same vol/tone and use the other for the acoustic piezo.
    Quote Originally Posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwalluk's music
    My Music Website

My Rig:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe (Seymour Duncan Screamin Demon (b) Pearly Gates (n)
    Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50 Series II Combo
    TC Electronics Nova System

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Check the AVT2 bridges here:

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID=89

You'd have to check the post spacing of your bridge to make sure the graphtech bridge will fit, but if it does, then this would be a great option.

You would also need to get one of these

http://www.graphtech.com/product-8-2/

Also, just fyi, graphtech is quality stuff, and so is TonePros (tonepros makes the bridge, graphtech makes the piezo saddles). I've got some graphtech saddles on my Strat, and they were totally worth the money.
    My Music

Fender MIJ '62RI strat: Rose BuffBeauty/Robusta/Robusta | Jolly Roger Cutlasscaster: CustomRCA3/Little'59 | Epi G400: '59A8/'59A4 | CTN Polaris: JB8/Hot Rails(b) parallel
    CTN Exploder 880 bass
    Boss GE7 (monte allums mod) & NS2, Crybaby, OCD, Pitchblack, Nova Repeater
    H&K Tubemeister 18 | Retro30/ET65 in a Saxon custom 2x12
    Persian Rug

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I need to look into these then I will need to save up for awhile I'm not exactly on the best terms with money but this sounds like a good option. Would the tone be similar to the shadow pickup in the Les Paul Ultra III or more on the treble side?