Thread: MotorCity Pups?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default MotorCity Pups?

I wish they had an email to contact them, since calling is only a good alternative if you're in the US, the descriptions in their webpage are very 'comic book' style, nothing very informative : .

I'm kinda curious about this pups, using the search engine I can only find some people using the Afwayu... I read somewhere that now the guy has a 'Cantrell Spec Afwayu', anyone tryed that one?...
    Last edited by Maynardo; 09-29-2011 at 09:33 AM.

CountFunkula

Default Re: MotorCity Pups?

I don't know much about their high-med output pickups, but I hear nothing but good things. They do, however, make the BEST PAFS I've ever played (1st and 2nd degree Black Belt, Love God)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I remember a few years ago when teh EVH Frankenstein came out there was a guy that was essentially spamming every EVH thread he could find or create to promote their "perfect replica" of SD´s Frankenstein pickup.

Hd there actually been any substance to his posts, the horrible concept and spell checking of the website wouldn´t have been so bad. But as it stood, that was the final nail in the coffin.

No personal experiences, but that small oddysey alone gave me enough reason not to try them
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection isn't good enough.

Wade has not released the Cantrell pup as of yet, but you can email or PM him thru RigTalk.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/member...profile&u=3534
    -Chris
    Twitter @ChrisWeatherly1
    Instagram @JCWeatherly
    Quote Originally Posted by John Suhr View Post
    Practice cures most tone issues

Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wade is a great dude, he's very honest about PU questions too, he sent me an interesting email once about the A8 magnets that made me laugh a lot........

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
    Wade has not released the Cantrell pup as of yet, but you can email or PM him thru RigTalk.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/member...profile&u=3534
    thanx I'll try it, I sent him a messagge via the 'contact' section in his webpage and didn't get any answers whatsoever.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LatsMcGee View Post
    Wade is a great dude, he's very honest about PU questions too, he sent me an interesting email once about the A8 magnets that made me laugh a lot........
    you could share the joke ....

CountFunkula

Quote Originally Posted by Maynardo View Post
    you could share the joke ....
    +1

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zerberus View Post
    I remember a few years ago when teh EVH Frankenstein came out there was a guy that was essentially spamming every EVH thread he could find or create to promote their "perfect replica" of SD´s Frankenstein pickup.

Hd there actually been any substance to his posts, the horrible concept and spell checking of the website wouldn´t have been so bad. But as it stood, that was the final nail in the coffin.

No personal experiences, but that small oddysey alone gave me enough reason not to try them

I remember this too- Salesman like that totally turn me off ever trying a product from that company, no matter how good the product may be.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I take back what I said earlier, he has responded my messagge from the website, in a very 'secretive' way tho, I asked him about the inductance of Afwayu and aparently he considerers that propietary information, I also wanted to know some aproximation to the pup's eq and I'm guessing that's propietary too and I wanted to know the differences with Cantrell's pup :S

The Afwayu is a very vocal pickup. The bass is big and strong without loosing definition or being too tight, the mids a rich and complex and the highs are strong also but very musical, not harsh. Jerry is using a stock Afwayu along with his signature pickup released in all the signature Rampages by G&L guitars. The other information is proprietary information. They are Asymmetrical coil winds.

Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    +1
    He just went into rather great detail as to why the A8 isn't a great match for alot of winds and how trendy it became on the forums to drop an A8 in every pickup under the sun, I might still have the email.....

I guess for a few months he was getting emails like crazy about people wanting A8's in all of his pups....

Ultimate Kitten Puncher King IzzO)))'s Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I love how these dudes act like they're rocket scientists. Sorry, it's wire wrapped around a piece of plastic with some magnetic material in there. These guys are making a living because of internet forums and dudes with more money than brains.

I'd much rather buy a just as handwound/spec'd for me pickup from Zhang for much less $$$.

End rant.
    HAIL HYDRA

Super Toneologist Soulcrusher_X's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by King IzzO))) View Post
    I love how these dudes act like they're rocket scientists. Sorry, it's wire wrapped around a piece of plastic with some magnetic material in there. These guys are making a living because of internet forums and dudes with more money than brains.

I'd much rather buy a just as handwound/spec'd for me pickup from Zhang for much less $$$.

End rant.
    +1

LP Custom
    Greenbacks
    Boss SD-1

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He just went into rather great detail as to why the A8 isn't a great match for alot of winds and how trendy it became on the forums to drop an A8 in every pickup under the sun, I might still have the email.....

I guess for a few months he was getting emails like crazy about people wanting A8's in all of his pups....
    He must've read a bunch of Blueman's posts.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, guess he reads the duncan forum and saw the rise of the mighty C8 and alt 8!!!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig