Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Jam

Stratoblaster Tone Meister STRATDELUXER97's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Sunday Jam

Just bought a Boss BR-80 and also a Boss DR3 so I can create some original stuff with our band..This is my very first recording with this stuff as I learn structure,drum beats,bass parts,etc...This basically was something I had created to jam some lead to and it's basically just a redundant long verse with no chorus or breaks..This is my first clip I've ever posted to the forums also... ;o) A few small mistakes and the mix is probably ok...

The bass part was done through the BR80 using it's built in guitar to bass cosm simulator..The guitar tones were also done using the awesome cosm stuff within the BR80...The drum beats were done with the DR3...Just wanted to feel like I completed something...Lol

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...ongID=11123864
    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 10-11-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sunday Jam

It's funny how different the recording sounds on the BR-80 compared to how it sounds on Soundclick...The bass is way up front,the overall tone is darker...I Know there's alot of loss just converting from wav to the 192 kps that I MP3 converted to...I'm going to mess with the mix a bit and repost.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sucks that bad? Not one comment? ;o) Just a 4 minute lead jam in A....

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nah it sounds good. Very BTO-ish

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wattage View Post
    Nah it sounds good. Very BTO-ish
    Lol.....I guess that's good? I Like BTO.... ;O)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hell yeah BTO is great, sounds like a real strong outro jam from them

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I Like the 2 guitar rhythms and the tone I got via the BR-80...That solo grates on me though... ;o)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your playing is spot on. Very good, good tone. I would have brought the rhythm tracks down a bit during the solo, but overall I think its great considering its your first try. I don't thinkI could have done all the programming of the drums.... to challenging
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Naiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzz Man :

What guitar(s) did you play on this ? they are chunky monkey good , really a fat a$$ tone on both . Gives that late 60's Woodstock feeling . That reminds me - - time to medicate !

Easy :

Hurricane Ramon
    Last edited by Hurricane; 10-11-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agreed, quite easy to listen to.
    Can't gauge mixing from my listening peripherals at the moment, but sounds clean. (Lappy speakers)
    Gain levels make for such clean headroom. Helps if you aren't ADDICTED to gain (guilty).

Beware...production is addictive too..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I dig it.

Purveyor of Low End Bass_Medic_05's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good John
    BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
    Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
    Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
    Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)/Ovation CC-074
    Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
    Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
    Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
    Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
    Fender Jazz Bass fretless (Black)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
    Gibson EBO AMPS: [I]Fender 300w tube head/Eden 4x10 1x15

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys...I used my Ibanez 335 copy...Has a Jazz N and a 59B...I'll get better at it with practice I hope? Steve...what did you think about the bass runs? ;o)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used this guitar...The 2 Boss units and alot of patience! ;o) Funny about the Woodstock comment cause I used a classic rock kinda 70s setting via the BR-80s COSM stuff...The tones are really good actually within the BR80.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Definitely a very cool unit that lil BR80 . What I heard really sounded right on .

I have considered one of those to augment my DAW system with a lightweight unit like that to stick into my guitar's case for ease of portability .

There are nights when I go to bed and pick up my acoustic and play till it's time to nod out , sometimes those moments get really creative and sometimes make a breakthrough in a song or a hook , this is when one of those little buggers could come in handy .

My Digitech GNX4 is a great unit to begin with but it's not an easy " tow " along to a impromptu session that may pop up or like I mentioned when I hit the rack at night .

Easy man thanks for sharing and the input .

Hurricane Ramon
    Last edited by Hurricane; 10-17-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks to all for posting...This was just a starter recording while I Learn..Hopefully I'll get better at song structure and learn how to get more out of both units...The ability is there,but learning curves kinda suck the life out of creativity!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, very nice...

B

Mojo's Minions Laughing Kookaburra's Avatar

Why did you use a separate drum machine rather than the rhythms built into the recorder? I'm guessing more versatility with the drum machine, but are the recorders rhythms adequate?

Love that guitar!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Kookaburra View Post
    Why did you use a separate drum machine rather than the rhythms built into the recorder? I'm guessing more versatility with the drum machine, but are the recorders rhythms adequate?

Love that guitar!
    I find it easier to use the DR3 seperately...Yes the DR3 rhythms are good enough..You can set the DR3 to run in auto mode and it can do all the verses,fills,and add variations w/out any further programing..With the BR80 you have to program each pattern..I Like to keep it simple so I can create and not get too bogged down with the technology. ;o)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

sounds great