Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Women - WTF? SICK of the culture of hotness!

I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Women - WTF? SICK of the culture of hotness!

Now don't get me wrong. I think you all know that I am an afficianado of the proverbial hot chic. However, as of late, I have a few issues with our culture.

To quote Kevin Cronin from REO on the immortal live track 157 Riverside Avenue "There is a time and a place for everything."

And lately, I'm seeing the hotness at times and places that are neither the time, nor the place! Maybe I'm just an old man now.

Case #1 - Daughter's 8th grade mega-history-english project presentations. Big deal event, local, state, national competition thing. So all of these 8th grade girls are dressing up to present (dudes too). Anyway, they are all there in front of their poster boards etc. I notice, unnavoidably that there is a large percentage, not half, but maybe 25-33% of them that are hooched up to the point of looking like they came from a freaking club the night before. They are wearing little skirts of questionable length, constantly tugging them down because of their own uncomfortableness, high heels that looked like they belonged on runway models, etc. It was like they were imitating the house whores of [insert city].

Case #2 - I'm at the grocery store this morning getting Super Bowl supplies. Obviously a number of women coming in post church. Now, maybe this is Jesus' way of luring me to a house of worship, but I see a woman with a tight skirt, low cut top, jacked up boobs, and serious junk in the trunk. This chic was SEXY! Another is wearing these sky high leopard print heels that just made me want to say grrrrrrrr. I realize that many places of worship encourage fomal attire for the event (don't get me started there) but I'm sorry - these women (and they were not 22) were just dressed hawt! WTF? Why would you dress obviously sexually attractive in that situation?

Probably the same women that dressed their little girls for the history contest like it was a Mariah Carrie video.

I'm sorry - but I just want to know WTF is wrong with women today. I like nothing more than hotness...but really - can we have a little sense please?

Quote Originally Posted by jon the art guy View Post
    Aceman, your advice was a rich tapestry of hard-fought research, blood, sweat and tears and the homespun wisdom we've all learned to expect and relish from our itinerant face-painted lunatic. I would like to award you a internet trophy for "best comment on a proco rat discussion". Let it be written in the annals of history; Aceman sure as heck helped.

Penultimate Tone Slacker stratobastard's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Women - WTF? SICK of the culture of hotness!

Pretty sure it's an age/maturity thing maybe a daughter thing: when my oldest was about 13 & started dressing like a little hooker, I started feeling like this
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA111111111111-6.jpg[/IMG]

Jessie's ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    I'm sorry - but I just want to know WTF is wrong with women today.
    They know their market; that's what's wrong with them.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Come on up to Indiana my friend! You can feast your eyes on some of our corn-fed women, sporting their cleanest set of Carhartt's, with curlers in their hair, shopping for bacon and Diet Pepsi.

You can then return to Florida with a new appreciation.
    Now operating part time: Glassman Tube Amps...repairs, rebuilds, restorations & modifications of tube equipment.

Still building: GlassMan Amplifiers (25 watt, all tube, single channel w/reverb, single 12" combo) and some more designs in the works.

Located in Fort Wayne, IN

Note: I've "parked" my website in case anyone has been looking for it. I moved locations and haven't updated the site to reflect this.

Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree on both accounts Aceman.

Being a middle school teacher AND just now coming home from Church I'll say that the attire forementioned has no place there....

When 8th grade girls are trying not to fall out of their shirts or show their junk... There's a problem!
    When we are sitting in church and the preacher is speaking about sins of lust and the women in the front row are exposing their thongs and showing all God gave em to the entire church.. There's a problem!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I asked my daughter about this because I was constantly underwhelmed by the way she dressed and she said the fashion industry forces it on them. Obviously this doesn't explain the ho'd out make-up and so on, but she claimed there is a very limited selection outside of the "I'm an 8th grade hooker" attire.

Once again, in my opinion, television, movies, and the media are directing culture rather than reflecting it.

As for the older women .... some things never change. Remember the old Van Morrison song "Wild Nights"?

"All the girls walk by dressed up for each other".

Well, that's not exactly right. They all want to outdo one another. It's really not about luring men at all.
    Last edited by Lazarus1140; 02-05-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    KILLING THREADS SINCE 2007

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 80's_Metal View Post
    ........ and the women in the front row are exposing their thongs and showing all God gave em to the entire church.. There's a problem!
    Man, I have been on the platform looking out and I can assure you I have grown to appreciate modesty.
    KILLING THREADS SINCE 2007

Jessie's ghost

Quote Originally Posted by 80's_Metal View Post
    When we are sitting in church and the preacher is speaking about sins of lust and the women in the front row are exposing their thongs and showing all God gave em to the entire church.. There's a problem!
    I'll say there's a problem! I'm not there to see it; that's the problem.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wait...your churchs have live bands playing and hot chicks dressed all hookery? Man, if we had churchs like that over here I might just sneak in a hip flask full of whiskey and actually start to give a **** about this religion stuff...
    Last edited by Kam; 02-05-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Probably sounded more hostile than I meant to.
    Every love that made me lose my reasoning. Every chord that made my conscience ache. Every day spent counting hours. Well, none of them comes close to singing back a song inside my head.

I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

RedTruckologist threechordcharlie's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I too have seen things from the platform that make me wanna stop everything and call them out. And raising two daughters myself, I agree there is a limited selection of clothing on the market, but there is a selection. Thank God my girls believed "modest is hottest".
    Wes
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert S. View Post
    I love you too Charlie!
    Now I have to find a way to gouge out my minds eye.

I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh yeah - kids field trip. When my KID tells me he feels a bit uncomfortable because of the mommy chaperone's boobs on display...

I realize he'll change that opinion when he hits 12. But still, on a field trip to the county court? You trying to pick up on a bailiff or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by jon the art guy View Post
    Aceman, your advice was a rich tapestry of hard-fought research, blood, sweat and tears and the homespun wisdom we've all learned to expect and relish from our itinerant face-painted lunatic. I would like to award you a internet trophy for "best comment on a proco rat discussion". Let it be written in the annals of history; Aceman sure as heck helped.

Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by threechordcharlie View Post
    "modest is hottest".

I'm going to borrow that for school!

Ultimate Tone Slacker metalmachine's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I completely agree. While I love seeing a woman all whored up. If I saw her like that at a church/school function it warld turn me off. Time and a place. And no middle school should even own a pair of stillettos or a mini skirt. You know when I go to a school function for my small kids I dont wear my cannibal corpse butchered at birth shirt. When me and my wife went to my jobs company Christmas party she wore a pair of sensible heels nice slacks and a semi-formfiting blouse that was cut low but still respectable. No when we go to the bars or concerts it is a different story.

Varg

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    Case #2 - I'm at the grocery store this morning getting Super Bowl supplies. Obviously a number of women coming in post church. Now, maybe this is Jesus' way of luring me to a house of worship, but I see a woman with a tight skirt, low cut top, jacked up boobs, and serious junk in the trunk. This chic was SEXY! Another is wearing these sky high leopard print heels that just made me want to say grrrrrrrr. I realize that many places of worship encourage fomal attire for the event (don't get me started there) but I'm sorry - these women (and they were not 22) were just dressed hawt! WTF? Why would you dress obviously sexually attractive in that situation?
    You have a camera on your cell phone right? Wheres the freakin pics Ace?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Varg View Post
    You have a camera on your cell phone right? Wheres the freakin pics Ace?
    Jesus Christ! You're right. I can't believe I missed that.

****ing Iceman'd.
    Every love that made me lose my reasoning. Every chord that made my conscience ache. Every day spent counting hours. Well, none of them comes close to singing back a song inside my head.

I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Frank Lee understands and He has published His opinion.

Thank you.

Varg

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    Jesus Christ! You're right. I can't believe I missed that.

****ing Iceman'd.
    After a description like he posted, man, I want some pics. Good ones. He's like H.P. Lovecraft, leaving it all up to our imagination. Although, with boobies instead of tentacles.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Future guests on Maury.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Coming from a 19 year old...this bothering you should not make you feel old, it's not a generational thing at all, in fact, I'd say it's your generations fault. These little kids aren't running out to buy yoga pants or push up bras on their own...

****ing 40 something slutty ass soccer moms trying to live vicariously through their children.

Just sayin...

Unprofessional Toneologist DarkMatter's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It can be a bit over the top sometimes. I'm often just as turned on by a lovely lady in jeans and a sweatshirt who carries herself well.