Thread: NPD

Master of his Domain Agileguy_101's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default NPD

So I recently got four new pedals - a VFE Alpha Dog, a TC Hall of Fame, a Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe, and a Lovepedal Silicon Fuzzmaster. Here's a shot of my current board:

Signal path is: Guitar --> Tuner --> Vibe --> Fuzz --> Nobels --> Alpha Dog --> Box of Rock --> Delay --> Reverb.

I'm going to be exchanging the Alpha Dog for something else. It just doesn't do it for me. I think I'm going to replace it with a BB Preamp. I'm also going to be getting another rather nice pedal in about a month - something super awesome and quite boutique. I'll be filling that spot above the Box of Rock with something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe a Tone Bender clone?

What do you guys think of my board? I love it. I can do so much with it it's crazy. The only thing I want to do is switch the pedals so the dirt is on the bottom and the modulation is on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    Happy with an Epi? Great! Want an R9? Great! Like paying a thai hooker to strap up and roto root your backside cause you think it makes you hit the high notes better? Great! If they are happy and go out and play some kick ass music then its all good in my book.
    Powered by Alnico 8 and fuzz.

Mojo's Minions
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: NPD

Nice and simple.

Have you had any chance to rip it up with the Si Fuzz??? I'm a bit of a Lovepedal freak so am eying off this with interest.

Modulation should go to the top if you don't turn on/off as much.

Make sure you have everything nice and square/parallel. Much better presentation if your pedals don't look like they'll start falling off the edge

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

what's the pedal on the way?

what do you not like about the VFE...what sounds are you wanting!

looking good man!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, EB VPJr, T1M DD-5/T1M Tap

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I too noticed the Si Fuzz. proguitarshop did a great demo of that one. I'm sure it's awesome
    ----
    My gear:
    Arisa, Fender American Standard Stratocaster
    Kureha, Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster
    Jasmine, Agile AL-3000M

Orange OR15 head w/ Vox 112NT cab
    Fender Champion 20

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like it. I mean, it needs a hell of a lot more delay, but I like it.

The clips I've herd of that Nobels pedal are outstanding, by the way.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Master of his Domain Agileguy_101's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexR View Post
    Nice and simple.

Have you had any chance to rip it up with the Si Fuzz??? I'm a bit of a Lovepedal freak so am eying off this with interest.

Modulation should go to the top if you don't turn on/off as much.

Make sure you have everything nice and square/parallel. Much better presentation if your pedals don't look like they'll start falling off the edge

I played with it for about 20 minutes, but other than that not really. This is also my first fuzz (not counting the badly modified big muff I had for a few months) so it's going to take some getting used to. But so far, I really like it.

When I rearrange the order of the pedals, I'm going to make sure it's nice and neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    what's the pedal on the way?

what do you not like about the VFE...what sounds are you wanting!

looking good man!
    I'm considering pretty hard getting an Empress Tremolo. Either that or the Diamond tremolo. They both look extremely excellent. It's a lot of money to spend on a trem, but that thing looks awesome, and I think I'd very much enjoy it.

The problem with the VFE... Basically, I have to turn the filter knob all the way up to get any kind of treble response. And even then, it's kind of dark. And this is with a strat into my SF Bassman.
    Last edited by Agileguy_101; 02-09-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    Happy with an Epi? Great! Want an R9? Great! Like paying a thai hooker to strap up and roto root your backside cause you think it makes you hit the high notes better? Great! If they are happy and go out and play some kick ass music then its all good in my book.