Thread: Anyone try Hot for Tele and QP for Tele necks?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question Anyone try Hot for Tele and QP for Tele necks?

I'm trying to dial in a telecaster that's got a vintage output humbucker in the bridge, and while I'm entertaining the idea of a mini hum in the neck, the route may require me to stay with a tele neck. I'm no longer a fan of vintage output tele neck pickups, and don't know if I should go up one notch or two in output.

The next two after the STR-1n is the Hot for Tele STR-2n and then the Quarter Pounder for Tele STR-3n. It's not just output I'm after, but also clarity and tone. Which one would mate best with a 59B?

I'm hoping to hear from someone who's actually tried these pickups.
    You can mention any other brand of tele neck that was clear and powerful enough to keep up with a humbucker.
    If you play guitar chest-high, you play from your heart.

If you play guitar waist-high, you play from your guts.

If you play guitar low, you play from your huevos.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone try Hot for Tele and QP for Tele necks?

Wow, 33 views and no posts. Has anyone here tried either of these two pickups? They're the two hotter single coil tele pickups in the line. Not sure which one I'll choose yet. I'm creating the perfect Hum, strat, tele set, and need to make a choice on the tele neck. It may be something like the 59/C, Surfer Custom, QP for tele neck.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Let's include the Vintage Stack Tele neck. In 3 pickup teles, it's sometimes hard to get all the polarities working together perfectly, because tele necks jive together best without a strat neck thrown in the middle. Then, you usually have to give up noise cancelling in one of the positions, so I'm thinking of making sure the B/M are hum cancelling, then installing a noiseless stack pickup to kill some of it's hum as well as the M/N notch hum. Creating 3 pickup tele configurations is difficult because of polarity issues.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

mebbe you'd get more replies on the fender forum?
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Tone Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whenever I think of a hot tele neck sound I see an a5 paf-style pickup in the neck(my top choice is a '59,500k pots),it's like they were designed to go together.What's even more interesting is that if you split it,it reminds me a traditional tele neck sound in terms of anemic/bright,it has all the things some tele owners hate about it hahaha.It also sounds great in parallel if you have a bright and tight instrument.And combined with a hot tele bridge it never sounds bad or not teleish in any configuration you try.Never thought about a middle pickup though.....
    Last edited by JHN; 02-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.