I'd been wanting to do this since the day I bought the guitar, and finally 8 months or so later, got around to changing it.
I also decided to mess around with some different pups for S&G's. I don't have the luxury of being able to own many guitars these days, so gotta swap pups around when I'm feeling a need for a little variety tone-wise. That is a Custom 5 and a JazzN. One of the mounting screw holes on the C5 was stripped right out of the (sealed, new) package, and I ended up using black electrical tape as reinforcement on the screw and a touch of solder after I got it to the general height as the spring tension would cause the pup to drop all the way into the pup cavity on the high E side. Really annoying and frustrating, but I think it will work out OK. Haven't had much time to play it, 15 min, at late night volume so no real tone report as of yet.
The "after" pic sucks. Indoors, tonight, with flash, I will take better ones during daylight tomorrow, but I think you'll get the gist.
before (all black, nickel covers)
UPDATED BETTER PICS further downthread
and after- dimarzio vintage height rings and speed knobs.