Thread: Pair of BLACK old DiMarzio Super 2s

Varg

Default Pair of BLACK old DiMarzio Super 2s

I got these from ebay recently, I thought they were PAF Pros, but when they arrived it was clear they werent. Two rows of slugs - these were Super 2s with slug poles, apparently made for Hondos and the like back in the 70s.
    Black bobbins, braided wire, stamped DiMarzio on the bottom. I have the DC readings written on the bottom if anyone is interested, and I will also take a pic if anyone is interested.

Im in the UK. Im not looking for a huge amount for these, since I never paid that much myself for them. Some of you guys have traded with me before, you can be sure I wont rip you off.

I had them in my Jackson RR5 for a while when I was trying to sell it and they honestly sounded really really good. Somewhere between PAFs and Super Ds in terms of output, they make a cool pair. If I had a spare Epi Les Paul these would be ideal for something like that.

I'm looking for about £45 (paypal gift) for the pair including shipping within the UK, or a little bit more for shipping elsewhere. Or I would trade them for a nickel covered bridge pickup like a Custom or JB - something medium to hot.
    Last edited by Varg; 02-20-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pair of BLACK old DiMarzio Super 2s

Hey varg these are 8.K ceramics from 1978 they are known to have a nice bass good mids and clear highs. they have about 425mv output which is the same a DSD. they sound good in the neck or bridge paul stanley, jerry garcia,lita ford and carlos cavazo and a few others used the super II's cause they are a cleaner version of the Super D
    Last edited by Ed Hunter; 02-20-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Varg

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hunter View Post
    Hey varg these are 8.K ceramics from 1978 they are known to have a nice bass good mids and clear highs. they have about 425mv output which is the same a DSD. they sound good in the neck or bridge paul stanley, jerry garcia,lita ford and carlos cavazo and a few others used the super II's cause they are a cleaner version of the Super D
    Well, thanks for that man.

I will probably end up holding onto them, as they DO sound good - better than the money I'll get back for them for sure. I just dont like having pickups lying around unused in parts boxes.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Varg View Post
    Well, thanks for that man.

I will probably end up holding onto them, as they DO sound good - better than the money I'll get back for them for sure. I just dont like having pickups lying around unused in parts boxes.
    good for you bro! they may have a collectors value to them also? I have never seen super II's like that. A guy over at the LP forum said they sound amazing and this is a guy that usually goes for gibson PAF's and booteeky pups so that sayin sumthin!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm currently looking for a Black Super II neck pickup if you're still looking to sell?
    Gibson, PRS, Fender, Patrick Eggle, JJ, BC Rich, Gordon Smith, Jackson, Squier, Ibanez and Home-built Guitars.

Splawn Quick Rod, Soldano SLO Clone, Marshall JCM800, Matamp + old Carlsbro amps, Zilla and Award Session speaker cabs.

Mainly HomeBrew Electronics and G2D FX, plus a few other.

My local shop and Seymour Duncan Dealer: http://www.crazytrainmusic.co.uk

Varg

Quote Originally Posted by Brow View Post
    I'm currently looking for a Black Super II neck pickup if you're still looking to sell?
    PMd

Varg

Brow took one of these off me (I hope it got there by now), so I have one left. £22.50 Paypal gift, for a Dimarzio posted within the UK? Cant be bad.
    I would just hang onto it, but I bought a JB off BNSFJoe so this would even up my money for the month.